+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He's so distant now, hes not the man he use to be

He's so distant now, hes not the man he use to be

Im 22 and my bf is 21. We have been together for 3 years this past thurday in a long distance relationship and hes quickly slipping from me. He's reminding me so much of my ex bf because lately, hes been in a mood where he dosetn care about anything anymore, he has these outbursts and he hates the world. He yells at me as if I dont understand, and I try and help him feel better as much as I can, I constantly "talk him off teh ledge" try to make him feel better about himself, but lately it has no effect, it seems like teh more I try, the more he lashes out. Last night it was so bad, that he was completely like my ex bf. Wanting to talk about nothing but sex and how he wanted it and how he needed it, he got so angry over a video game giving us both problems (thats how we spend time with eachother lately, we play online video games together, but for the past week, hes been neglecting me and our time together) He puts himself down so much that it just agrivates me to death and I tell him that it does too. last night he wanted me to stay up all night cuz we havent really spent time together... I wasnt able to go to bed until 7am this morning when he finially shut down. He was furious about all the problems he has in his life, I constatly told him to go to bed, relax calm down, but he wouldnt. I tol dhim to go take some time to himself, just to be alone and relax, cuz i wasnt happy with the way he was talking ot me, he thought i wanted to be seperated from him, and he said he wouldnt talk to me for a few weeks since I was ok with him "being alone" He always takes my words and twists them, trying to find a hidden meaning. The romance in our realtionship is really not there. I try and make things right, but it seems like his mind is just in a sexual state. He use to make me cry with his romance. He's pushed himself away from me, I tried to help him. I dont know what to do say, he said the same to me and I can tell hes sad, angry, just ready to explode and start smoking/drinking again even though its really bad with his lung/heart probs. Should I leave him alone? I fear that If I do, he'll think i dont care or that im abandoning him, which is not true at all. I love him to death but i'm at the end of my rope, whenever I talk to him lately, i hear the abuse my ex use to give me. My current bf knows about the abuse he put me through and tries so hard not to be like him, but its like, hes becomming the person he hates more and more, and I cant deal with that. Please help me out, guys and girls.

Distancing? Sounds more like a crab clinging to you, for dear life.

Way too needy and insecure IMO and he sounds like he aint got a life.

Sorry, but I 'd let him go. I couldn't be around someone so 'negative', 'argumentative' and 'angry'.

Obviously he's got issues, and that's not your fault.

If he reminds you of an EX that ABUSED you, and doing things like your ex, I advise you to
    Leave him.
    I know you love him, but put yourself first, because he's putting himself before you and
    Your relationship. If he wants to drink and smoke, let him, because he obviously wont listen to you
    Any other way....
    I'm sorry you have to go through this as well.
    Cheers xox
    Ello Love

Video games is a problem. Make him choose them or you because looks like he cant live in both sides of screen.