+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel like I've been crucified then shot with a machine gun...

I feel like I've been crucified then shot with a machine gun...

Hi everyone,
    I feel like I've been crucified then shot with a machine gun... how can a relationship do this to a person? Myself and my girlfriend (of 8 months) can't stop arguing- she says the most nasty cruel comments, is totally unpredictable and swings from being happy to crying and back again in the space if 5 minutes. She hates me, she loves me, who knows... I've tried and tried and I'm giving up...

I had to leave her house at 6am this morning due to her waking me up and screaming at me to leave. Well, I didn't at first and tried to sort things out but then thought I have to go. I've done this to her, I done that, I destroyed her life... and 2 minutes later she's pleading with me to stay! She throws me out and then runs after me... I don't know if she's just playing with me or if she has some mental problems or what.

I wish i could some how walk away from this but I love her and I don't seem to be able to. I've tried everything to make things better between us but after a day o r 2 of being happy together something comes out of nowhere and destroys everything once again...

All my common sense says leave but I can't. I keep going back and it keeps getting worse... Has anyone ever experienced anything like this???

Sounds to me like she may have Bi-polar disorder. If she gets checked out and onto some medication it may really help your relationship. Best of luck!

Try to find any means necessary to help her out. But your common sense is telling you the right answer. If you aren't happy, if she's off her rocker bat shit crazy to you and can't handle herself and her own problems, why would you stay with her? If she continues to act like this and you stay and tolerate this kind of behavior, the message that you are sending her is that what she is doing is okay, because no matter what she does, she still has you in the end.

Do what you gotta do. You can let her go, you can live without her, and everything will be alright.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Please hear me...some people need drama to feel normal. However, this sounds like extreme bipolar disorder. She sounds like she needs some serious meds and if she's unwilling to get help, you have to get away. Distance is the answer. You'll be able to get perspective when you get some time alone. I hope you do!

Thanks guys. These answers have helped. Yeah, darrick, I agree some people need drama. Well, after my first post I left it a couple of days. She appeared, we made up. She was going never going to treat me like that again... and low and behold- last night she persuaded to go stay with her for the night. All was fine until this morning. I made some comment about the coffee and the rest of the day is ruined. I don't take her anywhere, I don't to anything for her... she cries in the street all the while not letting me touch her. Well, I tried for 3 hours before leaving.

She has made jokes about being bi-polar in the past but I don't think she believes it. However, I have never met anyone who's mood can change so quickly so I think there's something. The next time she decides she's speaking to me again I'll try to talk to her about it. Anyways, thanks again, your comments really do help...!

ftm is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    Thanks guys. These answers have helped. Yeah, darrick, I agree some people need drama. Well, after my first post I left it a couple of days. She appeared, we made up. She was going never going to treat me like that again... and low and behold- last night she persuaded to go stay with her for the night. All was fine until this morning. I made some comment about the coffee and the rest of the day is ruined. I don't take her anywhere, I don't to anything for her... she cries in the street all the while not letting me touch her. Well, I tried for 3 hours before leaving.

She has made jokes about being bi-polar in the past but I don't think she believes it. However, I have never met anyone who's mood can change so quickly so I think there's something. The next time she decides she's speaking to me again I'll try to talk to her about it. Anyways, thanks again, your comments really do help...!
    I have faced a similar circumstance in the past. This woman needs psychological help. Please, PLEASE for the sake of her sanity do the following: Tell her that her behavior is not acceptable in you relationship. Tell her you love her but can't be with her when she's like this. Tell her that you can't be with her unless and UNTIL she seeks treatment. If she doesn't seek treatment, then she's obviously not ready for a relationship with you or with anyone else. And if she doesn't see the effect her mood swings have on you personally, she's obviously not capable of really caring about you.

The longer you face this as it is and allow it to remain as it is, the more damage it's doing to you.

Don't "try" to talk to her about it. Do it.