+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 18 years (still didn't makeout with a girl)

18 years (still didn't makeout with a girl)

Hi name's Ivan and I have a very big problem.
    From the name of the topic you can guess what is about.
    Many of you will think that I'm somekind of nerd, bookworm or PC freak but I'm NOT.
    So why didn't I yet makeout with a girl?
    Answer is that I'm scared. Yes scared, when I'm with my friends no matter girls or boys I can talk about everything.
    When I'm alone with girl I like, I get scared.
    I can't look at her eyes, can't talk with her, simply I just enjoy in her company.

The biggest problem is that I'm in love with this girl for 2 years now. Only now we started to hang out more and I think that she is aware that I like her or at least suspects.

In 3 weeks we're supposed to go to Egypt on excursion and I'm thinking to do something about this problem.

Dancing with her isn't problem, I've danced with her dozens of times.

Can somebody tell me what to do when we get alone. What should I tell her ? Should I just kiss her and see how things go or what? Or simply tell her what are my feelings to her.

I forgot to mention that we're seniors and we go to same class, and thelast thing I would want is to lose her, she's my best female friend I've ever had.

Please,please,please,please,please,please, tell me what to do.

If you want to kiss her - ask her first. If yes..then good luck. And as far as making out...wait till you really-really want it. Then u ll forget about other worries.

Thanks for the tip, but isn't it a little strange to ask girl "hey may I kiss you?"

I think you need to work out the situtation in stages... like if you are goofying around then pull her and put your arm around her just like buddies and if she allows it then you can maybe keep doing that for a bit and pay very close attention as how she reacts if she is still warm and ok with it then go for that kiss but make sure you do some flirting while you are holding her and tah dah!! Actually that's what i'm planning on doing with the girl I like so good luck to both of us

18 years?? You're a light weight. Try going 24 years before you kiss a girl, Ha ha ha.. Still, even I probably don't hold the record..and I'm not a big nerd either, and I'd like to think I'm not too shy, either, but I had the same problem. In a situation where the mood was right, I was (and sometimes still am) hesitant because I'm afraid that the girl really doesn't want to cross that line.

Bottom line, you have to weight the risk that she doesn't want to kiss you back and what her reaction might be. Honestly, the biggest hurdle is your own shyness to just do it. In most cases if it seems right, it probably is right and the girl will be cool with it, maybe she even wants it. And in most cases the worst case is she'll back away when you move in for the kiss. It's not a big possibility that you'll fumble things badly enough to loose her as a friend. Unless you're a real jerk, overly insistant or what not, the worst case is things will get weird for a little while..but like I said, chances are probably low if you're feeling the vibe, and you are your biggest obstacle holding you back.

I agree that it's best not to have a discussion about it.

See, like you just answered yourself, most of these matters are common sense for the most part and what you read into each individual situation. They're all different, but there are a lot of behaviors that a vast majority of people follow and become conventional signs that allows you to read what's going through the other's head.

If you really want to you can search for similar posts in this forum becase I know there's been some good advice in the past...but like I said..you can probably figure a lot of it out for yourself.

Freddie

No, trust me, it is not. I was asked and was not asked. And when i was asked, we both avoided some akward situations. And i absolutely hate when somebody kisses me and i dont want them to. Communication is the key to everything.

I think that my fear is that she or her friends will make a fun of me. Rejection is the thing I can handle but being laughed at is something I can't handle.
    So what interests me is what are the chances that she'll make a fun of me if I tell her what I feel about her.
    If she rejects me will everything be cool or something will change?

There's always going to be SOME things that will change after you tell her how you feel about her.

I personally think it's faggish to laugh at someone for a kiss. No one's a bad kisser, everyone just has different techniques..and you would be going by your feelings when you kissed her...what's funny about it? nothing. And if she's wonderful like i'm hoping she is for you to be in love with her..then she wont laugh at you kiss her

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol