+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hello and Goodbye

Hello and Goodbye

Name sound familiar? Possibly yes, possibly no.

If it doesn't, I'll give you a small history lesson.

I came here a while back with a question. Long story short, it was about what people find attractive in other people, since I was then, and am now, a zoophile. Finding a fairly nice community here, I decided to ask to stay, and was given the green light on that. I posted here for a while, giving what advice I could on various topics. Again, community was pretty nice. Then, I asked a question about coming out of the closet to those close to me. Long story short, all hell broke loose.

To summarize that... First, asked the question. Then, people jumped down my throat about being a zoophile (I was somewhat shocked about this, because I expected most people to have known, first because of my introduction, and the fact I had discussed it for a while in the forum, and that I really didn't hide it at any point). Well, I didn't want to discuss morality with a mob, because mobs are notoriously impervious to logic. So I asked if people who wanted to discuss morality would do it in PMs, which also would have served the purpose of keeping the topic actually on topic. No one listened to that request, and kept railing on on a subject that more or less cannot, again, be discussed with a mob. Someone thought they'd be "nice" and contact PETA, a group that is notorious for killing 85% (or, in recent years, 99.7%) of the animals it "rescues", in order to "help me". Rather frustrated at this point, I more or less simply asked to be banned, and so I was.

At that point we went our separate ways.

I recently checked back to see what had been said in that topic, and found two things. One, a group of people that thought I was a troll (which is rather shocking, since I had been trying to keep things under control during the whole topic, whereas most other people were veering off topic, but that's neither here nor there). And, two, a group that seemed to neither consider me a troll, nor consider me a particularly bad person in general.

And to fill you in, I did eventually come out to my family, and my close friends, all of whom accepted that I was a zoophile without incident. Mostly because I was able to discuss with them one on one, and they did see I had the majority of the evidence, research, and logic on my side. Again, logic works against people, but not against mobs.

That's mostly what I was back to say. I don't really expect most of you to remember me, or care whatsoever about how things happened, but I don't like leaving things unfinished, and so I felt obligated to some degree to come back and say this.

Considering the irrational response I received last time I was here, I see no reason to stay here. And I'm not asking for you to give any reason why I should stay here either, as I expect the majority of you don't want me here. I will stay to answer questions or anything else to those of you who were rather understanding and rational, or to listen to what they have to say.

In order to avoid all hell breaking lose again, I'm not going to bother responding to or acknowledging posts which are irrational or simply inflammatory. If you want me to respond, keep things mellow and I will. If at some point it looks as if the situation is not under control, I will leave again, to avoid that unfavorable outcome. If a moderator decides that they would like to preemptively curb any discussion that may occur here, then they have every right to lock this topic.

I think that's all.

I have no problem with zoophiles. I am just curious about what it is like for you. Are you monogamous?

Well, right now I don't have a mate, so I'm even less than monogamous at the moment. Though to answer your question better, I think I should answer, in a situation where alternatives to monogamy were present, would I be monogamous?

And... I would say, it depends on the dynamics of all the relationships. Some dogs are of the jealous variety, so monogamy would be the only reasonable option in that circumstance. If that weren't the case, and the situation would work equally well either way, I see no reason I couldn't or shouldn't be with more than one at a time.

Does that answer your question fairly well?

Well, either no one does remember me, or I picked a bad forum to say this.

Oh well, I said what I wanted to say, even if no one was around to hear it.

I remember you and I'll try to keep your thread from turning into a madhouse, but Initials, you have to understand that this is a VERY controversial subject. To expect to post a thread about it without eliciting dramatic response is unreasonable.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Initials V2 View Post
    And to fill you in, I did eventually come out to my family, and my close friends, all of whom accepted that I was a zoophile without incident. Mostly because I was able to discuss with them one on one, and they did see I had the majority of the evidence, research, and logic on my side. Again, logic works against people, but not against mobs.
    Well maybe in that case you should've discussed this with people here on one on one basis as well? Consider how discussion with your family would've gone if you just gathered everyone around and said "Well, just to let you all know, I am a zoophile and I want to have relationships with animals". Think about the reaction you would've recieved. I think because you tested the waters here on this forum and got to experience the disadvantages of discussing something this controversial with a group of people you felt compelled to discuss it on individual basis with your family. In which case, this forum has helped you to avoid a major crisis in your life and you should be thanking the members here instead of attacking them and calling them an unreasonable mob.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I do understand that it's a controversial subject. I'm not really trying to bring up the subject here again, since this forum isn't the best place for it, although on the other hand, I'm not actively trying to stop it from being brought up. My main purpose for this post was mainly to fill people in on the resolution of that previous thread, since there were a select few who seemed to genuinely care about the outcome.

About the second part... A dramatic response... I suppose it would be unreasonable not to expect a dramatic response. But I don't think it's unreasonable to have a few standards for after such a response has occurred, is it?

Basically, what bothers me is when people do one thing: ignoring evidence. The basic standard I hold people to is to at least listen to the evidence, and I do think it's entirely possible for people to meet that if they want to. But if they don't... how can we even have a discussion at that point?

Also, I'm sorry if I sound contradictory at the moment. I'm not trying to be. Just trying to explain my position. Anyway, thanks.

Mishanya, I tried to discuss it here with people on a one on one basis rather than with everyone at once, because I already knew discussion with a mob doesn't work. Hence why I kept asking people to move such discussion into PMs. But... Sadly, no one listened. Perhaps I should have taken the initiative and sent the first PM to said people, but that would, to me, have felt like forcing the issue on people who might not want to actually discuss it.

Again, perhaps I should have forced the issue into PMs rather than expecting people to go voluntarily, but... I don't feel right doing that. I'd rather allow the voluntary option.