+ Follow This Topic

Thread: when is it too late

when is it too late

Hi. Forum'ing is a bit new to me but I'll do my best here. I am 23, a guy, and still in school. I met my ex my freshman year at a decently distant school. I was coming out of my first, worst, and only relationship up to that point. So I approached her(which I never do) while she was studying and we hit it off. Over the course of that semester, which was plagued by firstworstex's phone calls, we hung out a lot. I really liked her and thought she liked me but convinced myself that she didn't and nothing should happen. Finally she told me that she liked me a lot and never did this but she had to tell me. Even knowing this it took me a while to ask her out.
    I started screwing up immediately. Basically things weren't going well because I was afraid to touch her. I don't know how to initaite anything and she does not want to. But she does want get intimate. Hanging out normally is still good. Long story short the whole 2nd semester goes by and we never do anything besides making out. She's transferring so we part ways on fairly good terms.

Now we live near each other. This is 4 years after the break up. We've hung out a couple of times since, even where she was leaning on my shoulder during a movie. (I know I sound juvenile) Now after 6 months of no talking I get in touch and we hang out. She has a boyfriend, but she still wants to hang out with me. She remembers everything about me and us (me and her) down to the slightest detail. Even she points out that she doesn't know how she remembers so much. I realize I still like her a lot and I don't know what to do. She says she's happy with her boyfriend but she thinks she can do better. She wants to hang out in the future. I am stupid when it comes to signals, especially from her, so I don't know action, if any, should be taken. Is it too late for a second chance? Is a second chance a stupid idea to begin with?

Anyone who reads this is super cool i wish i could have shortned a bit.

No,do not try this again, you may be dissapointed even more.
    Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
    Franklin P. Jones

My hope died long time ago.

Can you trust a girl who has a boyfriend but is openly suggestive to another guy? How can she be truly happy with her bloke but claim she can do better?! She sounds like a tease and smells like trouble! You could well just be her casual bit on the side. Proceed with caution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!