+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this mean... "I just want to have fun this summer"

What does this mean... "I just want to have fun this summer"

OK going to try to make it short and simple...

Ok i met this girl @ a club then spent the next couple of days with her, BBQ'n for Memorial Day weekend, then went home the second day.

To cut to the point. She called me later the next day and said shes not looking for a relationship, and she just wants to have fun this summer, and wants me to experiment and go out on dates, she also stated she didnt want it to be weird, and wants to remain friends, and to call her sometime...

I don't know where to go from here... lol! I'm also freaking out that shes going to stumble upon this post, which i know shes not going to. Just my retarded-ness. LOL

My assumptions are there's this other guy she likes, because she was very flirtatious with me untill this guy showed up to the BBq! & would only flirt with me discreetly when he was like around the corner or away.

One more thing... a girl doesn't state "Your hard to read", "Your confusing" if there isnt some likeness there? Sorry soo long just need to know where to go from here? Drop her completely? or keep her as a friend?

Chase her or not? Text or sit patient? or wait for her to text me or call me?

text her as a friend dont wait until she texts you , unless it is always you texting her first (shes got to make some effort too ) its too early to start thinking does she like me? doesnt she? from such a short amount of time it will be hard to tell. It could be just harmless flirting. Just take the word 'fun' at the moment as the literal meaning and not for the metaphor meaning for now i think lol

hope i helped

Rach x

Don't read into it too much. She probably likes you and some other guy. But, what she means by"let's just have fun.." is that summer time is when you're single and it's time to mingle. it's okay to like her and still talk to other women.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not, she's not interested in you. It means the same thing if they guy was saying "I want to have some fun" what would you say to the girl? Run for your life or something similar. Same to you. DO NOT PERSUE.

Alright.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Not, she's not interested in you. It means the same thing if they guy was saying "I want to have some fun" what would you say to the girl? Run for your life or something similar. Same to you. DO NOT PERSUE.

No shes not interested? Why act like it then? Just to play games? test the water?

The reason i say she acted interested is because when it was just us two @ the pool she sat close to me and had my rub sunblock on her, then asked me to massage her shoulder, and she put sunblock on me... wow i sound corny but its the little things. LOL!

What was unclear about what she said? You can chase her all you want, but she doesn't want a boyfriend. She wants to date around. She wants your attention and the attention of absolutely anyone else she can attract. There's nothing wrong with that. She's being completely up front about it. Either you accept this or not.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by mistilz View Post
    No shes not interested? Why act like it then? Just to play games? test the water?
    To flirt, enjoy a boys attention, to be flattered.

She's not playing games, you're playing along... there's a difference. She told you straight up what she wants and doesn't.

ok.. ty

well i guess ill keep playing along... ? lol as far as pursuing, should i pursue about 50 %? or not @ all?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what do you want out of it? sounds like you like her, so my advice is no, don't persue at all- you will be hurt in the end.

I would leave her alone and find someone else you're interested in.

If I said that to a guy it would mean that while he was fun to flirt and play with I'm not interested enough in him to carry anything on...

Save yourself the trouble unless you are only interested in fun as well

If I said to a guy I wasn't looking for a relationship and just wanted to have fun this summer, it would mean exactly what I said.

And I'd be more likely to say it to some guy who was pestering me, who I wasn't interested in.

She isn't interested. She's been 'upfront' and told you 'straight'....accept it, rather than think she's playing games and because it's far easier to accept the game playing, than a rejection.

I think she wants to keep you just in case the other guy isn't around. Don't text her first or do anything. If she likes you, she'll contact you. "You're hard to read" and "You're confusing" are said to any kind of person. When i tell a guy he's hard to read or he's confusing, I will probably say it nicely/sweetly and still mean it. Just because I say that to a guy doesn't mean I like him. She's not into you. Don't play along. Don't even think about it at all---unless you want to waste your time.

very simple....she want's to f**k other guys! plain and simple. My best friend ends up dating women like this all the time. seems to be a ton of them out there from what he says. I feel bad for ya! sorry man!