+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do I do?

Getting my ex boyfriend back?

My ex boyfriend broke up with me a few days ago. Naturally, I am absolutely devastated, but I have remained as positive as possible. However this hasn't stopped me crying every night and morning, and it's all getting a bit much.
    I really do not want to move on. Mainly because I feel that there was so much left in our relationship. And I really mean that.
    He says that the thought of what he did makes him wants to kill himself, but at the moment he feels that he doesn't want a girlfriend, but loves me, and wants to do everything we planned. He said that he'll do everything he can to get me back when he's ready, but he understands that I should not have to wait around for him and put my life on hold. He DOES realize this.

I really do want him back. I've limited contact as much as possible, and he has text me at least once everyday so far.
    I woke up to a text this morning saying "Hey! Erm, I had a dream about us last night. xxxxxxxxx"
    What could this mean? And how do I respond? If at all? Because I've been planning on no contact? So what do I do?
    What can I say or do to get the love of my life back?!

xxx.
    Last edited by Elle belle; 03-06-10 at 01:33 AM.

Every situation is different - sometimes the words are just common cliches, sometimes they are genuinely the truth - I say this in reference to the reasons he provided for the breakup.

It could very well be that he is just confused. He is still in contact with you which is an extremely positive sign. It is generally hard to just block somebody from your life when they have been such a major part of it, it appears like he is definitely struggling. I think the best thing to do here is not completely ignore him but play hard to get, be a little cold and aloof. Reply back saying 'that's nice!'. He needs a chance to miss you otherwise he will never initiate a reconciliation. If you are always around you are not giving him this opportunity to miss you, this chance to help him truly realise what his life is like without you in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas_mine View Post
    He is still in contact with you which is an extremely positive sign. It is generally hard to just block somebody from your life when they have been such a major part of it, it appears like he is definitely struggling. I think the best thing to do here is not completely ignore him but play hard to get, be a little cold and aloof. Reply back saying 'that's nice!'. He needs a chance to miss you otherwise he will never initiate a reconciliation. If you are always around you are not giving him this opportunity to miss you, this chance to help him truly realise what his life is like without you in it.
    I disagree on every level. He's talking to you so you DON'T move on. He knows he has you hooked but I bet he'll persue another girl because technically he's single.

Don't play his game, and don't play a new game. Treat this as it is- a break up it is not a break, it is over. Start getting over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle belle View Post
    He DOES realize this

xxx.
    Does he? If he really does then, he must really enjoy playing his chances. And that's exactly what he is doing. If he wanted to be with you, he would be. He wants to break up with you and play the field while keeping you hooked. The dumpee naturally wants the dumper back because it makes you feel inadequate and you want them back to badly to show them that you are worthy. It's a pathetic and sad feeling.

Now that you want him back so badly, of course you are paying attention to every little detail. Trying to figure out if they are sending you a message, overanalyzing every detail. Rule number one here should be that he needs to leave you alone and he should respect that. It's unfair to dump you but then still talks all cutesy like everything is normal so he gets everything else from a relationship while looking elsewhere. The longer you talk and keep in touch with him, the longer he stays in your system. You have to ween yourself off this drug and it won't happen with him talking about having dreams about you. Actions trump words here, and his actions were dumping you. Start changing your focus from getting him back, to do everything you love and living life without him in it. You did before you were dating him.

Plus if you aren't talking, you don't have stuff to overanalyze. You are going to think about him every day and want to talk to him, but all you are doing is pushing him away. We all have broken up with people in ours lives and we all have found ways to get by without them. Your character, your heart, what you are made of can be on display here.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

My ex boyfriend broke up with me a few days ago. Naturally, I am absolutely devastated, but I have remained as positive as possible. However this hasn't stopped me crying every night and morning, and it's all getting a bit much.
    I really do not want to move on. Mainly because I feel that there was so much left in our relationship. And I really mean that.
    He says that the thought of what he did makes him wants to kill himself, but at the moment he feels that he doesn't want a girlfriend, but loves me, and wants to do everything we planned. He said that he'll do everything he can to get me back when he's ready, but he understands that I should not have to wait around for him and put my life on hold. He DOES realize this.

I really do want him back. I've limited contact as much as possible, and he has text me at least once everyday so far.
    I woke up to a text this morning saying "Hey! Erm, I had a dream about us last night. xxxxxxxxx"
    What could this mean? And how do I respond? If at all? Because I've been planning on no contact? So what do I do?
    What can I say or do to get the love of my life back?!

xxx.
    Being that I've been in that situation I understand the feelings. However being that I was the "dumper" I can tell you that what I'm reading is someone who's more than likely looking around. When I broke up with my ex, it was probably one of the most difficult things I had to do physically and emotionally. But my reasons for breaking up with her were pretty valid. So in a sense I had no choice. And I STILL wanted to talk to her because I HONESTLY didn't want to break up with her. So when I fought with the idea of keeping contact, it was ginuine. It took me over a year and a half to to even THINK about dating someone else let alone actually doing it. I was as devastated as you and I'm the one that ended it. So as much as I would love to say he truly wants to be "friends" its more than likely that he's still having doubts about being with you specifically or one woman in general. He needs to allow some space between you two if there's to be any potential reconnection. This way he can grow out of his current state of mind and grow into the person that I'm sure you wish he could be.

Take it from me, you won't get him back until you let him go.

You can't do/say anything, that would convince him to come back. He has got to want to come back and of his own accord.

Let's get one thing straight. When someone tells you that they don't want the relationship anymore and they opt out, they aren't making this choice and because they still love you - they have made it and because they are not sure of you or the relationship anymore. However, rather and be honest and tell you that they want to break up for good, they prefer to make it easier on you and so as not to hurt you. They will says such things as 'I still love you'....'Maybe one day we can get back together', etc, etc....

Look...if he still loved you and loved you so much that he'd take his own life - he'd be with you!!!

The fact he told you not to put your life on hold, pretty much says it all.

He will only continue to call you and for so long as he needs you. Then he will dump and discard you, like yesterdays trash and particularly when and if some other female comes along.

I knew I would succeed.
    Everything's been sorted. We're back together.

I knew I could do it.

I knew I would succeed.
    Everything's been sorted. We're back together.

I knew I could do it.
    Everything seems fixed for now. Don't fool yourself and think it's all over now. You guys both have some serious work ahead of you and if you or he isn't up to the challenge, you will be back to this step again, and soon. Good luck but don't lose sight of what's happened because the relief you are feeling now won't last.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Well because you are in contact with him everyday even after you two have broken up you have no opportunity move on...he seems a bit undecided on his feelings and decisions...he is probably not sure whether he made the right decision by breaking up...best is to ask him now itself whether he wants to get back together or move on...he can't give a vague answer because that will leave the two of you nowhere...get an answer now and then decide whether you want to be with him or not!