+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dissociative identity disorder

Quote Originally Posted by RdHrshyKss View Post
    ummmm...there are links to all the references on the bottom, you must not have really read it.

didn't really think it was an argument though, and you haven't said anything to prove the contrary...
    There were no references for that particular statement.

Quote Originally Posted by -Valentina- View Post
    whatever, you're just stubborn and being difficult. i'm not about to type up a research essay for you. do the research yourself if you really care. YOU are the one in a relationship and pregnant with a mentally disabled man, not me...
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you stupid? Go to the bottom of the wiki article. What Rd said, you sound like a troll or a loser.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    To compare hysteria to DID would be the same as comparing a river to an ocean...
    Do you happen to have a psych degree and clinical experience? Because I do.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

LMAO at irrelevant and asinine replies because I've known several DID patients in my day.

OP, as to the cheating, you must realize that even though your boyfriend has been diagnosed with DID, he is still just one body. Any sexual activity by his alter is just as susceptible to STDs as his 'core' personality, and is cheating. No excuses there. If you choose to continue having sex with him, you must ALWAYS, ALWAYS use protection.

Realize that you don't know at this point which his true core personality is. He's fragmented, and the personality you 'fell in love with' isn't a whole person. He's only a fraction of the true man, and when or if he ever integrates, he won't be anything like the guy you used to love.

The inner turmoil he's experiencing (switching) is the result of stress associated with your pregnancy. There is nothing you can do to 'help him.' Best advice, if you really want to give him a chance, is to separate until he's further along in his therapy and see what happens.

You've got a tough row to hoe, and the choices you've made, I believe, were made out of ignorance. There's no looking back or regretting past decisions. Keep yourself and your baby safe and let him go so he can heal. Maybe he'll be more stable in the future, but don't hold your breath.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Must be Valentina's other personality posting. LOL.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

hahaha, too funny
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Your mother WAS right. You shouldn't have had a baby with this man. Serious mental illnesses have a hereditary component, and you living with an unhealthy man may be just the thing that allows your child to be pushed over the edge into their own mental illness. Maybe you should try to do the right thing and minimize the damage?

I don't think you can expect this man to outgrow his condition. It won't happen.
    DID is not hereditary. It's caused by extreme abuse/trauma during childhood. There's no way any aspect of that particular mental illness can be genetically passed down to the next generation.
    No links in signatures

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
    DID is not hereditary. It's caused by extreme abuse/trauma during childhood. There's no way any aspect of that particular mental illness can be genetically passed down to the next generation.
    DID is a bullshit diagnosis, and IQ is hereditary.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Hmm, I was gonna post on this topic.

But Vashti pretty much said what I thought (I'd seriously advice against having a serious relationship with a mentally ill person, or something along those lines.)

Now reading the other posts, I just wanna throw back my head and laugh. And why?

Because Valentina, you came here for advice/opinions. You got it. Sorry they didn't sugar coat things, perhaps you need to visit a different kind of forum in that case.

But keep making yourself feel better and superior by shooting down people who take the time to post, being pernickity about little details like *(some people) *faking it* (having a disorder)*, *unreferenced wiki quotes* and my personal favourite, you asking *What makes you think I am nowhere ready to be a mother?*

Actually, I might just comment after all. The *nice side* of your man might be everything you could want, but this is an extraordinary situation. Not only is he wonderful to you, but he's having to deal with himself every day. His therapist has to deal with him every day. To start a family with him, well, unfortunately it was always gonna be extra difficult. People without the extra burdens of life also freak out at having babies(male and female). And even tho *nice side* of your man was happy, that wasn't the *side* you had to deal with. You knew he had a disorder, and you knew the nature of it, and you have to consider fully the impact of his *other side* more now.

Personally, I couldn't deal with that. If I were becoming a mother, I would want my full attention on my baby, and on my own health.

Dare I say it that being pregnant was, for the case of his disorder, practically inviting him to have some kind of change. I'm not even suggesting it was your fault, since it's a disorder he has always had and always will have.

I'm also with Giga on this. I would seriously consider getting away from this man, because you're no longer safe from him(no matter what side). I wouldn't care if it's all because of his disorder, what if he decides to plot to kill you or your (born or unborn) baby? Are you just gonna brush it off, wait for his *nice side* and chalk it down to the illness?

Do I sound supportive? Probably not. I hardly know enough about mental illnesses and the such to give a better post. I can only give my *opinion*(for that is what it is, nothing more) based on my priorities, values and life experience. A lot of men and women can't cope with having kids as it is, let alone the ones with complex issues of their own. Funny how most of them don't mind coping with having sex so frequently and indiscriminantly tho.

Maybe it will make you all feel better to hear that few days ago pushed me down the stairs. I fell and I lost the baby. I do not want to hear any comments regarding this.. We are no longer together and his is taken care of.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234