+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Very frustrated...

Very frustrated...

Hey all (an women despite the forum),

I'm a 17 year old guy to get everything straight.

The problem is I feel sexually and emotionally repressed. I don't feel like an adult, I feel like a child. It stems from my inability to form relationships with the opposite sex. I haven't half tried. I have made a active effort to engage with the opposite sex but in the end I always get ignored rather than an honest rejection. I don't get depressed, just frustrated with myself, that all I have tried has failed.

The key to my happiness is this, as sad as it seems I am the happiest when I am dating (well, I've only been on one date sadly).

From this stems the inevitable virgin anxiety every virgin gets from time to time. I'm now above the average age of having sex and I fear that over half of my peers are having sex. This seems unlikely but unless people are lying then I feel left out.

I don't wallow in my self pity, but I want answers.

I want to be proactive, but one of my problems seem to be being too keen. Not the flirty guy but the keen flirty guy. I tend to express my interest early and flirt a lot. I know some girls like to chase a guy instead of an easy guy.

I see two options:

1. Should I continue what I'm doing?

2. Should I stop proactive efforts wait until university where there would be people more like me? I.E. see what comes my way

What should I do? Is there any other options?

What exactly are you doing? What do you mean by proactive? Are you religious? How do you look? I need more info on this. I know being a virgin can be frustrating at times. Everyone has had felt that way (We all started as virgins). There are times when you feel like losing it just to get it over with. But mind you, that's the last thing you will want to do. PEER PRESSURE. Although most kids are doing it at your age, you are still young. At least right now, you don't have to deal about STDS, getting a girl pregnant, etc. Tell me more about your situation.

As far as getting a girl pregnant goes, according to the study I just heard on NPR, 25% of teenagers actually want to get themselves or their partners pregnant, so, Idiocracy, here we come!

Anyway, OP, I think put your anxiety off until college, ie stop trying to get a girlfriend for a few years and just try to relate to girls as people. Try pretending they're all boys. You will do better in the long run if you've learned how to talk to them and be friends with them.

You're 17, I suggest you focus more on school than chasing girls. There's about a million more productive things you can do at your age than trying to flirt with some blonde bimbo from school. Do you know how to cook? Take cooking classes. Learn an instrument/second language. Know how to drive? Take lessons. Know how to do CPR? Take a few courses. Go help out at your local charity. See? Loads of better things you can do with your time. If you just want sex,hire a hooker. Check the ads at the back of your newspaper.

Meh, theres no need to rush. I dropped my V-Card when I was 20, and many of my friends have lost theirs around the same age.

Just chill and let things happen, dont be so caught up on ****ing man, it will happen when it happens