+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I being ridiculous?

Am I being ridiculous?

ddddddddddddddddddd d
    Last edited by trza3; 09-07-10 at 11:43 PM.

I don't see any red flags, here. I think you might be overreacting.

Put a ring on her and see if that doesn't clear some things up at her workplace.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't see any reason TO worry...

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I don't see any red flags, here. I think you might be overreacting.

Put a ring on her and see if that doesn't clear some things up at her workplace.
    I'm hoping so. I'm planning on asking very soon like I said, maybe its my nerves conjuring up this stuff

Well if they're working together in front of kids, they're going to have to put up a friendly facade and act nicely to one another. And kids, being kids, could easily interpret that as 'ooh they're so nice to one another, they must like each other so they must/or should be dating'. It's actually quite easy to pretend to like someone for the sake of everyone else around you. As for the new teacher, well, he/she's new. When you join a new work place and you see a guy and girl laughing together with kids/being nice to each other (because they have to), the first question that probably pops up in your mind is 'I wonder if they're dating?'

Honestly, it is quite possible that this dude is moving in on your girl. However, you have to be able to trust her to handle the situation. If anything happens, it's on her shoulders. I'm glad to hear that after he invited her out to breakfast she suggested that other people go with them, it shows that she's eliminating the possibility of it turning into an uncomfortable one on one situation where he confesses his crush on her...it's good that she also mentioned that she was not comfortable with the carpool situation, and that she would have avoided it if possible. It's showing that she really isn't into this guy, and she's letting you know so that you understand that she's not into him, and so that you are aware of it.
    Kids will be kids, so them asking if the teachers are dating is not an indicator that they flirt or act like a couple at work. And sometimes people, like the other person that asked them, just have bad radar.Although it's possible that they have solid indicators as to why they asked them in the first place. it is possible that maybe you're girlfriend is flirtatious at work, and maybe there is something (that's not what you want to hear, I know), but you have to remember that it's up to her. Expressing concern with her on the issue and saying "hey, I'm not really comfortable with you working with this guy, but I trust that you will be able to handle the situation" is a good way to handle it, but be careful not to take your concerns to far, because it could damage your relationship. Hounding her for information on this guy, calling her more frequently just because she's around this guy, and possibly getting to the point where you're making jealous comments and becoming angry with her about this is not cool, because it'll just upset her and make her feel as though you don't trust her. Then this will turn into an even bigger issue in your relationship. But, if you leave it up to her to deal with, then whatever happens you'll know where your girlfriend stands in the relationship, and it could be the determining factor on what the next step (whether that step be marriage proposal or break up) will be. If your girlfriend cheats on you with this guy, then it's her doing. It takes two to tango, and if she isn't dedicated enough to you to be with only you, then she isn't the girl you want to marry in the first place. And if nothing happens? Then you know this girl is strong enough and loves you enough to reject the guys tha crush on her, all because she wants to be with you.

My advice is to keep cool, express your concern in a calm manner, and allow your girlfriend to handle the sitation. Seeing how she handles it may cause your love for her to grow even more. And if she goes astray? Well, the shame is on her. And I'm sure you know how to handle things after that (at least, I hope you do. If not, we'll be opening up another thread).

Good luck with everything. And I hope you relax a little! If this girl really loves you, she wont let this dude ruin anything!

There doesn't seem to be anything alarmingly wrong here, A great sign is the fact that she is being very open to your concerns and is willing to talk about it :]
    Instead of hiding it like most (cheating) women would do, based on what you have said she does care about you and personally I think that you have nothing to worry about.
    of course you're going to have those times where there's another person weather it be with your spouse or even with yourself, temptation will always be there for both of you, but you just gotta
    deal with it, put it to the side and know that you couldn't possibly be with anybody better than with the person you truly love. If you both know and understand that, you will have a happy relationship with no dangers of cheating to ruin it.

-hope this helped
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] , Anything and Everything

If you can't trust her to do right by you when/if another man makes a pass at her then perhaps you're not in the right relationship.

Dude, I've sat a a bar with my wife and had a lesbian next to go on and on about how if my wife would leave me that she'd buy her a car and put her up in a nice condo as a kept woman etc... I just started laughing, and laughing, and eventually the lesbian stopped and said, "What's so funny? You won't be laughing when I steal your girl here." To which I responded, "I already know that my wife is bi and I'm fine with that, however I also know that she prefers her men don't have to strap their dicks on." Either your woman is worth trusting, or she isn't. It's a faith and judgment call that is yours to make.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."