+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he playing games with me?

accodata Guest

Is he playing games with me?

One of my male friends and I who haven't seen each other for years caught up a few weeks ago, and he suggested that we meet more often considering how close we live now. I picked up flirting from him that day. The following week I messaged him asking him what he was doing for the weekend, mentioning that I wasn't busy the next couple of days but he didn't reply. The following weekend, today, he messaged me asking what I was doing tonight, I said I was relaxing at home and asked what he was doing, again he didn't reply. What is going on??

Maybe he's just not into texting.
    [URL="http://www.attractiondominator.com/"]Attraction Dominator[/URL] - How A Clueless Guy Be Able Hot Attract Hotties... Get it [URL="http://www.attractiondominator.com/"]Here[/URL]<-----

Who knows. But one thing we can assume is, he doesn't have that much of an interest. He'd follow up his texts or CALL YOU if he did.

In my opinion men just don't think the same way as women. We expect a text back. And a "I'll call you tomorrow" to actually mean "I'll call you tomorrow." And yeah the intention is there at the time but they get distracted.

Maybe he is interested, maybe not... but a lot of guys I know just don't realise the need to text back.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just stop the txting. Tell him to call you if he wants to get together. If he txts, ignore it. I tell everyone that they should not expect an answer if they txt me.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by katielacey View Post
    And yeah the intention is there at the time but they get distracted.
    Uhm, distracted for days at a time? Don't think so...

If they are easily distracted, they aren't that interested.

Maybe he is interested, maybe not... but a lot of guys I know just don't realise the need to text back.
    Excuses, excuse excuses....if men are INTERESTED, they text and call and when they say they will. Interested men, don't leave you hanging and guessing.

Things come up in everyday life and that may prevent him from texting/calling when he said he would. But he'd get back as soon as he could and APOLOGISE.

The OP is going days and without hearing from this guy and he can't even be arsed to return her messages.

The early days of getting to know someone, is when we tend to be on our best behaviour and because we are trying to impress our new love interest and show them how interested we are and we tend to want to spend time with them often and to get to know them.

He is doing NONE of the above.

If this is the standard he sets and in the early days of knowing someone, then I dread to think what a relationship would be like with him and in 6 months time.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 06-06-10 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Just stop the txting. Tell him to call you if he wants to get together. If he txts, ignore it. I tell everyone that they should not expect an answer if they txt me.
    Yes Indi but if this was some gawjus guy you were in total awe of, I bet you would return his text lol

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Yes Indi but if this was some gawjus guy you were in total awe of, I bet you would return his text lol
    You'd definitely lose that bet. Or it might take me 3 months to notice it. By then, he has called me. No guy I'd be in total awe of would rely solely on texting to communicate with me.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

an actual phone call might be better. I don't text anybody. I don't understand the concept of texting. If you have a cell phone in your hand it would seem easier(at least to me) to actually talk to the person on the other end. But of course I'm old and not much into the latest technology,so what do I know? eh?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are his Plan B. Forget about him.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by roy_delene View Post
    an actual phone call might be better. I don't text anybody. I don't understand the concept of texting. If you have a cell phone in your hand it would seem easier(at least to me) to actually talk to the person on the other end. But of course I'm old and not much into the latest technology,so what do I know? eh?
    To be honest, me neither.

I loathe texting and much prefer to call/or a call.

Sounds like your friend found the sex he was looking for, and then decided to let you know about it. Oh, how thoughtful of him. You should ignore the douche.