+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the first thing you do when you break up?

What's the first thing you do when you break up?

I just wanted to know what you people do when you break up. Do you start text-messaging immediately or try to call him/her to convince the same or do you just accept the breakup and be quiet? What's is your response when you break up?

i get a hair cut and head to the nearest pub lol, no reallya haircut everytime usually a bad one.

^^lol, typical Brit response.....get pissed

No I wouldn't endlessly call and text and convince him to return. I'd let him go and I'd stay gone and especially if the breakup was his idea. I don't do grovelling up asses.

Then I'd probably go out and get my hair done, nails done, because that makes me feel better and buy loads and loads of clothes - shopping always cheers me up. Shame I couldn't afford to do it everyday, I'd always be on cloud nine

Usually I sit in my room and cry.

But, if I get my thinking cap on, I'd go out and buy food (sometimes a sweet, but also stuff for a nice dinner, to make me happy) and get to the library to get a (non romance) novel. Or get out dvds to watch (also non romantic, altho I have a small dvd collection, so probably not).

I've also been known to listen to depressing songs on my ipod, so I'd probably not do that, or if I did I'd make a playlist of non-depressing stuff.

Whatever will keep my mind reasonably occupied, and make it less obvious that there's a gap of time to fill each day.

**oh, and another thing**

I've made it a rule to not care about exes once they are exes. The only ex that I keep in contact with lives quite far away, so it's not as bad. But he likes texting silly jokes on his mobile, and sometimes he'll do the *we must hang out sometime. I miss chatting with you. You're wonderful/gorgeous/fun/amazing/ect. How is your love life?* stuff. Which gets on my nerves, because even tho I'm being nice to him, I'd never get back with him.
    Last edited by Charisma; 09-06-10 at 10:10 PM. Reason: oh and another thing

Chocolate and/or ice cream. Beer. Movies. Cry, if I feel like it. Go out with friends. Find some guys to hook up with.

I go to the lake nearby, sit on the grass and watch the clouds as i remember love is like them,it comes makes an inpact on you then leaves.
    Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
    Franklin P. Jones

My hope died long time ago.

Immediately begin No Contact.

Wallow in it for a while, with a time limit. Call all my girlfriends and invite them over for a wine-fuled "why he was no good anyway" party. Wonder at the strange feeling of buoyancy I'm feeling.

Historically speaking, that's been my pattern.
    Spammer Spanker

Begin no contact, cry in the bathroom about it, then cry in my bed about it, then call my friends to talk about it (which persists in the next few weeks).

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    get wasted and find a boy to focus some attention on.

I start with Denial and then some Bargaining. Then I go back and forth between Anger and Depression, ending with a lengthy period of mild and intermittent Depression. Eventually, there is Acceptance, but I'm not sure when that happens exactly because if I think about it, I move back to Depression.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

This is really weird, but all of my previous relationships have ended badly, and no contact at all after breakup. Exception is my ex-wife, because we have small kids to take care of.
    My current GF and I have kinda broken up a couple of times, but we virtually got back together the next day.........so it was more of an anger emotional breakup rather than a conscious decision to breakup.
    I never experienced getting back together after a breakup until this current relationship. Never thought it was possible.

No contact of course. Followed by way too much reasoning on what went wrong, followed by more thinking and reasoning of what I could have done differently. Concentrating at the gym, going no less than 6 days a week, lifting heavy objects. Watching sad movies, talking to way too many people about my situation, and crying in between all of that. Just to realize, the tears and depression aren't worth it. Haha, time is a great thing.

Typically I drink and work-out. Try to make life changes but I get moody and need to get drunk while in a downer.

I'm the breaker up wither though, or at least i used to be until my self-esteem and confidence was crushed by a she-devil.

But when I do the break up, I drink. When i get broken up with I drink and then jerk off, typically in a new and creative ways. You have to find new methods and really shake it up during this period because I don't think its healthy to hit the sack with someone until your half-assed over your ex, which can take up to 2 months. Though that's because I don't believe in emotionless sex. ... Though I do consider anger and rage to be emotions, so sometimes I'll bend my rules.

I've never had a 'bad' breakup, but they all suck just the same. I never, EVER, burn bridges, though I do no contact for a minimum of 6 months to a year (minus -I want my stuff back). I just started talking to my ex ex today and I haven't spoken to her in 5 years... Needless to say she was surprised and it was a bit awkward but once we get passed that stage it'll all be good, if any attempt is made by either party banging will occur as it always does with any ex, especially her. Tonnes of passion, too much in fact, but we were young. I don't know why people can't figure this out, its like once you bang a switch is flipped in your head and everytime you see that person your ready to bang again no matter how much you hate them.

I love how all the women and girls in this thread just run out and find a guy to bang/casually date. Not a good idea, not fair to anyone.

Hell, there was even a g/f in highschool that didn't want to have anything with 'sex' in the description so she gave me handjobs and lapdances daily and there's even a spark there that gets ignited whenever we're around each other.
    Last edited by Cosmo; 10-06-10 at 07:25 AM.
    Women... They smell nice but they are soul murderers. - William Murderface

I did kinda cry when I was talking to her when we broke up. But it was on the same day as my birthday party so after that I went to the party because I was the host and I just had a great time with my friends.

I haven't spoken to her ever since.
    Learn to love yourself - the only 100% unconditional love you'll ever get

First thing I usually start removing all traces of them out of my life (belongings, phone numbers, emails, etc) to mentally convince myself that it's over and it's time to move on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast