+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Forgive him or not?

Forgive him or not?

I was dating with a guy who became very cold to me recently. This Saturday we were to meet but he disappeared and didn't answer my call. Today he wrote that he is sorry, it was his blame. What should I do-should I forgive him or not? i think he is not interested in me else he would call endlessly bu t maybe he is ashamed?
    just want some love...

please leave your replies
    just want some love...

You didn't listen to anyone advice about this guy before, so why are you asking again now? This is exactly the type of behaviour people warned you about!! Just move on, he is not interested. You deserve someone who treats you with respect.

ok, but moving on is not so easy
    just want some love...

Everyone knows that, but 99% of the good things in life aren't easy and beeing dissapointed in love related affairs ain't the toughest or saddest thing there is.
    Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
    Franklin P. Jones

My hope died long time ago.

Instead of simply forgiving or punishing his actions you need to communicate with him. Tell him how his actions make you feel and that it shouldn't happen again. If he does it again then he doesn't care and you need to move on. Judging from other peoples' posts this has happened before though. If it has then you need to find someone who isn't playing games like a little boy. Find a man.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

NBT is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Well, I wasn't here for "the first time" you asked about this guy (as I saw another member say) but from what I just read, I have to ask...WHY did he flake?

It's easy to apologize, but what was his REASON?

If I have plans to meet up with a girl and she doesn't show, I'm gonna want a damn good reason as to WHY, instead of just the typical "I'm sorry."

As for it not being easy to move on, you're right. However, what's the alternative? Keep letting the same person hurt you over and over again? I'd rather not.

The easiest way to move on is to stop getting sucked back in with false promises and weak ass apologies.

You can only believe that crap for so long before you start looking (and feeling) like an idiot. STOP BEING ONE.

You need to have more of a backbone. People can ONLY do what you ALLOW them to do.

So, if that guy wants to manipulate you, you can either LET him do it, or REFUSE to let him do it. What's it gonna be?

If you WANT him to manipulate you, then do everything he says. Believe all of his lies, and accept every apology he gives you. Even when he HURTS you, deal with it and ignore the pain and the TEARS.

If you DON'T want him to manipulate you (i.e. play you for a fool) then the NEXT time he screws up and gives you some lame ass apology or explanation, tell him "Dude, I don't have time for games. You're still a boy. I need a man. Call me in a few years when you grow up. If I'm not busy I might let you buy me lunch."

You see the difference?

If not, read it again.

Your signature says that you "just want some love". I don't see that happening with this guy. If you weren't looking for that, you could forgive him and see what happens, but you seem to be a little needy and he's a little selfish. Not a good combination.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Forgive him or not?

Not.

To OP: you mentioned you were dating him ? as in just going out or have you started getting intimate ?

Did he turn cold soon after you got intimate ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    but you seem to be a little needy and he's a little selfish. Not a good combination.
    Without more info, I tend to agree with Giga's comment above. This one is not gonna work for you.