+ Follow This Topic

Thread: False Start

False Start

I'm sure I'm not the first to post about this topic, but I wanted some advice. I'm a 26 year old guy who's lately been having a bit of an issue with premature ejaculation. I'm not sure if stress has anything to do with it (I'm in a very vigorous graduate program right now and it's been pretty crazy for at least a year). I've never been someone to last 2 hours anyway, but we're talking majorly premature recently.

About 4 months ago I was fooling around with some girl I wasn't all that interested in beyond sexually, but when it came time to hook up, I literally just couldn't keep from ejaculating within a minute or so. It was shitty, but it's not like I cared all THAT much about what happened between her and I, so I figured whatever, I'll get over it. She actually called me up for another go a few nights later, and the same damn thing happened (she was actually pretty cool about it both times, surprisingly). I just chalked it up to the stress of school (nothing like what I had experienced in undergrad), but I'm not even sure that's it. I just feel like my dick is hypersensitive or something. I don't know. Having intermittent extended dry spells doesn't help either I'm sure.

Anyway, I've been dating this girl I actually really do like for a couple weeks, and it's likely we'll end up having sex sometime in the near future. I'd feel a lot worse/embarrassed about firing off some early shots this time. I've googled all the standard stuff about how to avoid this (think about baseball, squeeze the tip, do kegels, etc) but that stuff hasn't really done much at all. I was actually thinking of calling up my doc and talking to him about a low dose SSRI, it's that annoying. And apparently there's some new SSRI that may come out soon (but probably not real soon) that's already in use overseas that's marketed specifically for premature ejaculation.

Anyway, any other advice/input would be great.

You might want to release about 30 minutes before you see your girlfriend. The 2nd shot always lasts longer. Once you get back on the rhythm of things, perhaps the situation would improve.
    I don't think SSRI works for that purpose. For me, premature ejac happens when I haven't had it for many weeks....and I don't masturbate. This is not even a big issue so don't think you need
    to worry much.

Use numbing rub.
    Do you use condoms? those also make your dick slightly less sensitive.
    my ex lasted forever, he practiced when he pee'd holding it in and letting it out etc.

My best advice is to satisfy her using things other than your dick, long foreplay, kissing, oral, toys. THEN dive in.
    My bf cums pretty early and it really doesnt bug me much. He says I just feel too damn good and that alone makes me happy ;P kinda flattering

Just jack off before you have sex.