+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Where are the decent men hiding....

Where are the decent men hiding....

So I am new to the dating scene again after being in a LT relationship of 12 years. So far I seem to only find guys that are interested in physical activities after initially meeting. Last night I had to pry a guy off of me because he was trying to get laid and we just me last night! It seems that even friends of mine that are men rush things...moving in with their girlfriends after two months of dating. Is something wrong with me???! Whatever happened to dating and getting to know each other before moving on to higher levels. Even my ex is out there sleeping around with random women and seems to be without remorse. I started kissing this guy and felt NOTHING....I felt void because, although he was gorgeous- I didn't know him! The guy was kind of baffled that I wasn't trying to rip his clothes off. He said I had excellent willpower and that women like me we rare! (not to sound boastful...) But REALLY? Women are like that too??! Maybe it's my age- I am 31. Even worse- he was 22! He wants to see me again this weekend but I am thinking that he is just looking for a piece. We had good conversation FINALLY after me rejecting him, but I asked him how many women he had been with and he was brutally honest...said he lost track! If sleeping around is the norm- is something wrong with me? Am I too old? How come there aren't many that seem to value sex anymore....it's really turning me off from meeting ANY men! Could someone please help me to feel optimistic again about dating....

Eh, I don't think you're too old. You're still quite young. I mean, I don't even turn 20 until next month, and I have no interest in sleeping around. I've always wanted something serious, and I doubt I'm the only girl my age that thinks this way.

Only thing I can say is let the men know from early on that they're not getting sex until <insert your waiting time here> into it. A way of 'weeding' out the ones you don't want, I suppose.

Don't let the way he's sleeping around hurt you. I'm going through a terrible divorce right now. Words are flying and we are trying to hurt each other. And it's just making things worse. 31 isn't anything. There are tons of guys interested in older women. Someone who's experienced in life and knows what they want. Not some 20 year old "girl" who'll change her mind as quick as any guy would. Don't start sleeping around just because he is. You'll just feel worse about yourself in the end. Take some time to get you know yourself again. Don't have any one night stand. That's what they make sex toys for. There isn't anything wrong with dating someone that much younger they u. My mother is got remarried to someone 20 or more years older then her. And I've never seen her happier... Remember...AGE IS JUST A NUMBER! Don't use it as an excuse.

Hell, where are the decent women hiding?

Yeah- women can be just like the men it seems, huh? Sorry if the title of this post sounds a little sexist......

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    22 years is too young to be dating, anyway.

Honestly.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    there's nothing wrong with you. personally i wouldn't jump into a strangers pants... wait, i actually might if she was hot.

however, you're at a point in your life where you want to settle down and have something meaningful. there is nothing wrong with taking the relationship slowly.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Lulu,
    There are plenty of decent guys out there who would jump at a chance just to get to know a woman who seems to have her morals pointed in the right direction. Where are you ladies hiding?
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Michigan!

Maybe just bad luck. You should look further. I have never dated a guy who appears to just want sex. Met guys like that but because they turn me off before I even date them, they never got a chance. I am a horny person but I don't like guys who are just about sex. You can usually tell if a guy is just about sex. If they get sexual fast, pushy about it, or that is the subject area he likes to talk to you about without asking other questions to get to know you better, then you know he is only looking to ****. Listen to the early signs to avoid heartache.

You have been given some good advice to start with.There are a lot of "good men" out there you just have to weed the" bad" ones out,and that takes some time.Kinda trial and error.I know dating sucks but its a process we all have to go through to find someone to connect with.These guys are right,22 is too young for you. The actual gap isn't bad its the life experience thats the problem.I thought i knew everything at 22 but guess what, I knew next to nothing.Just keep dating and you will find what you are looking for..
    mike

The decent men... have mostly found themselves in the right (or wrong) relationships... :/

Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    Hell, where are the decent women hiding?

So true .There is no decent man or woman, only their limit to hide or control the "lower parts" of the body and the limit of work they would do to make the life partner happy even if it makes them sad.
    Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
    Franklin P. Jones

My hope died long time ago.