4 28.57%
  • Who cares..zzzz...??

10 71.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I too old?

Am I too old?

I was just wondering if I'm too old to be a member of this forum. It seems like there's a lot of younger people here.
    I don't know what the statistics are as far as how many people there are my age.
    I've added a poll too, of course if you want make options you can add them in the reply section here
    Last edited by roy_delene; 13-06-10 at 11:56 PM. Reason: added poll should have done it when i made the post d'ooh

How do you expect us to know that if you don't say how old you are?

^^ Yeah. How old/young are you, anyway? You can PM us if you want...^_^
    "...still Dancing in my room as if I am in the Woods with you...."

Age is just a number!

I'm 45 I thought it was visible in my profile

Oh...that's not much for an age. First of all, there aint no age requirement to be in a forum. The fact that you are ahead most of us here could mean you are wiser and more experienced in life and be able to share more inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by OCEANNE View Post
    Oh...that's not much for an age. First of all, there aint no age requirement to be in a forum. The fact that you are ahead most of us here could mean you are wiser and more experienced in life and be able to share more inputs.
    I don't know about being wiser, maybe I should wheel myself back to t he nursing home

^^ LOL to that! How could you be too harsh to yourself.

Get off our lawn!

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No you're not too old. There is a whole mix of ages here. I don't consider 45 "old".

My parents are almost 65, I don't think of them as old, actually.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm in my 40s Roy. There's a mix of posters here in that age range, no worries.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by roy_delene View Post
    I was just wondering if I'm too old to be a member of this forum. It seems like there's a lot of younger people here.
    I don't know what the statistics are as far as how many people there are my age.
    I've added a poll too, of course if you want make options you can add them in the reply section here
    I 've been thinking the same, though I'm early 30's.

I prefer debating with people who have actually had experience in various situations, rather than people who don't have a lot of experience but will give a view about what they would/wouldn't do in a certain situation....and some have tried to tell me what is right and what is wrong in situations they have never been in, but I have!!...lmfao!
    Nobody knows for sure and what they would do, until faced with a situation/actually in that situation themselves. I only ever give feedback, if I've experienced a situation/or similar and at my age I've experienced quite a lot, otherwise I keep it zipped.

There are clues in some posts that give away a persons age, or the agegroup. If I suspect someone is too young like say 15 or 16, I don't give advice. I leave it for the younger ones to reply too.The older ones are easy to spot sometimes and because of the situation. Like if they state they are married for 9 years and have 3 kids, obviously it's an older person.

But yeah, there are a lot of 'young uns' on here....so much still to learn and experience. And the ones who would and will 'listen' to the elders, could gain a lot of wisdom from these forums...but alas, a lot tend to think their word is 'gospel' also, their way is the 'only' way and as young as they are. Mind you, there are some 'wise' young ones on here, who won't go far wrong in their love lives. I fear for others....LOL
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 14-06-10 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I'm in my 40s Roy. There's a mix of posters here in that age range, no worries.
    Well you are one of the wiser posters Indi, so it was obvious you were older, lol....but I thought 30's. I would guess that Vash is older too, again, a really wise poster.

thank you all for participating in my poll

Im 35, and noticed a lot of members talk about relationships and school and stuff.
    There is definitely a wide range in age. Overall the older members have more mature perspectives.
    But that's definitely not the case with me.
    Last edited by Kaius; 15-06-10 at 08:51 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast