• no, we like to humor old people here

4 28.57%
  • Who cares..zzzz...??

10 71.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I too old?

People need advice from experienced posters. If you have something to contribute, you should stay!
    Spammer Spanker

There are only so many more posts I can stand of "Stalk him on facebook" before I beat my face against the wall.

There is definitely a finesse that comes with age, common sense too apparently, that I am sure we all appreciate here.
    So, like Giga said.
    If you can make a contribution, by all means stay.
    Give me something I can take,
    Can take to make the memories fade.
    Poison kiss, remember this,
    I never was meant for this day.

thank you all I will stay

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_delene View Post
    I was just wondering if I'm too old to be a member of this forum. It seems like there's a lot of younger people here.
    I don't know what the statistics are as far as how many people there are my age.
    I've added a poll too, of course if you want make options you can add them in the reply section here
    there was a member here before we graduated in the 60's... i think.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I'm 46 and don't feel too old. In fact with my new girlfriend I feel very young. And full of energy.

I'm unsure why some people in their 40's assume they are old and passed it?

Didn't you all know that the 40's, is the new 30's and the 30's is the new 20's????

These days people look sooooo much younger in their 30's/40's, than previous generations did and I think that is down to the fact that we have things so much easier these days than they did in the past and of course we have access to products/services they didn't have access too, that can delay or help the aging process.

Hence is why the 40's is referred to as the new 30's, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Didn't you all know that the 40's, is the new 30's and the 30's is the new 20's????
    So.. the 20's is the new teens?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    Yes, at least in many cases. Not you, of course.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

And if I say yes, you will then akin the teens to kiddie years...right??

They refer it more to as we get older, which is why I said, 30's are new 20's, 40's are new 30's.....

People look younger these days, than they did in previous generations, that is a fact. My grandmother in her forties, looked in her sixties, bless her. She lived through a world war and times were hard in those days. My mother however in her forties, looked in her 30's...and I'm in my 30's and look in my 20's.

Not right. If I wanted to relate teens to kiddies I'd have done so. I actually believe that in most cases 20's are an extension of the teen years... I know too many people who still behave like 12 year olds.

Of course, as vash says, I'm like a 40 year old

People look younger these days, than they did in previous generations, that is a fact. My grandmother in her forties, looked in her sixties, bless her. She lived through a world war and times were hard in those days. My mother however in her forties, looked in her 30's...and I'm in my 30's and look in my 20's.
    The thing is, are we talking about looks, or maturity?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

They refer it more to as we get older, which is why I said, 30's are new 20's, 40's are new 30's.....

I think it' a lot more than just the way we older people look. People also take better care of themselves now than in previous generations (exercise, health care, etc.). We are younger in attitude, too. In my parent's generation, almost everyone got married or moved out at 18, and they expected that they would start out with nothing and would acquire "stuff" as they got older. No one really does that anymore. My own kids are much less mature than I was at their age.... I'm not sure why. Maybe it has to do with the increased standard of living? Having to struggle a bit is actually good for the maturing process.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not right. If I wanted to relate teens to kiddies I'd have done so. I actually believe that in most cases 20's are an extension of the teen years... I know too many people who still behave like 12 year olds.
    I believe it's this college generation, coupled with the sheer amount of entertainment and convenience contemporary society provides us.

If Katrina had happened to New Orleans 4 or 5 decades ago, it would still be in shambles. But with the internet, television, massive non-profits, the ability to move about quickly and freely, this city is (as far as I'm concerned), recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think it' a lot more than just the way we older people look. People also take better care of themselves now than in previous generations (exercise, health care, etc.). We are younger in attitude, too. In my parent's generation, almost everyone got married or moved out at 18, and they expected that they would start out with nothing and would acquire "stuff" as they got older. No one really does that anymore. My own kids are much less mature than I was at their age.... I'm not sure why. Maybe it has to do with the increased standard of living? Having to struggle a bit is actually good for the maturing process.
    Well yeah I know it's more than how people look, just I was lazy and didn't go into detail. I didn't get much sleep last night and am tired
    Thanks for explaining it further though.

Same as age as my mum but I don't consider that old

Then again I do like older men hehe

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    My own kids are much less mature than I was at their age.... I'm not sure why. Maybe it has to do with the increased standard of living?
    Its b/c your kids have actually been given the freedom by you, their responsible parent, to act like children. Both thumbs up, Vash.

In dysfunctional homes, for example, the children are often forced into the parental role either practically, emotionally, or both.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast