+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She doesn't want to be seen with me in public places

She doesn't want to be seen with me in public places

We always have to go to a drive-in movie, 99% of the time we eat our food in our cars. I get the impression she doesn't want to be seen with me. She tells me she loves me and would never leave me, but she doesn't like large crowds. I must add though she doesn't seem to have a problem being in public with her sisters. I've seen her over 2 years now. I never made it an issue between us. I'm also older than her. Do you think we have a future? Thanks for any advice.

How much older? She might be a little ashamed of the age difference, or at least worried about how people would react to you two as a couple.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I'm twice her age

Maybe you could try asking her...Just say that you have the impression she's avoiding being seen in public with you and ask her if this is true? She may have a reason for the way she's acting,...

Quote Originally Posted by LAblueyes View Post
    I'm twice her age
    That's probably it. I'm 15 years older than my girlfriend, and there have been times in the past when she was uncomfortable about our age difference. She turns 30 soon, so it doesn't seem to bother her anymore.

I'm 44 and she's 22....

I think she may be embarrassed by the age difference.

Have you ever asked her why it would seem that she doesn't like to be seen with you in public? If not, then I would.

Yeah I would ask her. We can speculate on the forum all we want, but the only way you're going to potentially get a real answer is if you ask her.

Maybe she hasn't told people that she's dating someone alot older then her, last thing she wants is someone to see her and then call her family saying guess who I saw. Aside from that I don't see much of a future there, if after two years together she hasn't gotten over the age difference and you're still having dates in the car....

I asked her and she says she has a problem being in public places. When we go out to dinner on the rare occasion she wants to sit in the very back and we can only go during the week, never on the weekend. Also, we have our dinners in places 10 to 20 miles from her neighborhood. We can be seen together for clothes shopping though; it seems like the only exception. I'm confused to be honest even more when she tells me about having kids and marriage and moving in together and although we seem to hide from the public we do spend at least 5 to 6 hours a day talking and we have great conversations. To make things worse I don't know where she lives. We meet at a fast food restaurant on our outings and one of us parks the car.

Don't wanna be mean, but r u sure u r her boyfriend, and not her sugar daddy?
    She obviously wants to keep you out of her private life. It might not be because she is seeing someone else. It might be just because she doesn't want anything serious, no matter what she says.
    Do you feel abused, for instance financially? Ask yourself, think about it, and that will be your best answer.
    I got pissed when the same happened to me, and it was only 1 month of a relationship, and the age difference was insignificant.

Or she lives at home and knows that her parents wouldn't approve since they are around your age.

How do I determine if i'm a sugar daddy.....she doesn't live with her folks, I know that for a fact.

She doesn't mind being in public when you take her shopping. I assume that you buy her stuff.

I'm guessing that she feels conflicted about the age issue and isn't expressing her doubts to you out loud. On the one hand, she probably appreciates that you are more mature and successful than any other guy that she's dated. And you probably have other good qualities that she also appreciates. On the other hand, it's a big age difference, one that may show up in various ways besides a number, like different pop culture reference points, incompatible circles of friends, and more importantly different priorities reflecting that you two are at different stages in your lives. I'm not saying that you relationship won't work out, just that the reluctance to be seen with you in public is a reflection of her current discomfort about the age difference. And she's avoiding the topic to avoid hurting your feelings, not to be sneaky.

SUGAR DADDY!! tell her you want to go eat at a restaurant- a place that doesnt do take away and see what she says. say you wanna go to the beach. or to the museum or something. see what she says. if she doesnt wanna be seen with you she'll hesitate for a long time. and would probably say no. is she doesnt mind that much she'll say yes. GOOD LUCK!