+ Follow This Topic

Thread: college...

college...

So obviously I am a college student and quite frankly I have realized that I am a little intimidated by some of the very beautiful women I either interact with at parties, or otherwise psych myself out when trying to make a move on girls. THIS BOTHERS ME, because while I may sometimes be on the shy-er side, once the conversation starts, I am pretty good at keeping the conversation flowing. I'm not reclusive, and I enjoy getting out and being social. The problem just is I have many interesting ideas and points in debates/discussions, but I have a hard time getting it all out 'just right'.

Can anyone help me with some tips to get over this goofy stuff, and maybe help get some ideas of where I can 'practice'? thanks a bunch!

Pretend their pretty faces have been disfigured by horrible burns. Or imagine what they'd look like when their faces are decomposed. Suddenly, they're not as pretty and you can talk a lot more freely. As for practice, just strike up conversations with any random girl in your class, preferably the one sitting next to you so you're not shouting across the classroom.

LOL wow, that's quite the visual...

but more geared towards outside of class, how can I make the transition from creepy outgoing guy to someone a little more interesting?

When I'm at a party and a guy is talking to me, I start to take them more seriously when I can tell that they are actually LISTENING to and are actually interested in what I am saying. For example, once you ask her what her major is...ask her what she wants to do with that degree, ask her why she wants to do that as a job, is that what one of her parents do? wheres her family from? Asking questions more likely than not will lead to something you two have in common. I'm not saying that this will automatically make you interesting to her -- but at least she would know that you are ACTUALLY interested in her -- and that you find her to be interesting (and please only do it if you DO actually find her interesting). If you show a genuine interest in her, you'll be one step ahead of the other guys who tried to hit on her that night.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    talk to ugly girls

girl68: Like you...?

@ boatergirl: Thanks for the tips, I'll keep that in mind next time I'm out and about.

Stop worrying about your lack of charisma and just talk. Practice makes perfect.

do you drive a mazda speed? i drive a mazda 3 and i freakin love my car.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

get over it and think of shyness as your enemy.
    Just relax and be yourself. Dont think of these girls as potential anything... they are just girls.
    Be cool and dont have any expectations. Before you know it, you' be bedding them all.
    That's how college was for me....after I got over my shyness.

misombra: yeah, and I also managed to put in a full exhaust (headers too, which drives me crazy because of the check engine light........) and K&N CAI, with Eibach lowering springs. I love my speed3! =] I put in the wrench time myself.

Kaius: Ok. I gotcha. So really, there isn't anything really specific I must do other than overcome my mental barriers, and that will lead to opportunities. cool.