+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is your number 1 Biggest Challenge when it comes to flirting?

What is your number 1 Biggest Challenge when it comes to flirting?

Hi there!

I've just been reading all the various threads on the board here and just soaking up all the good advice. However it got me curious as to exactly where everyone is in this particular area! I would be really interested to hear - what is your number one biggest challenge when it comes to flirting?

Sincerely,
    Brent

My husband.
    Spammer Spanker

Laughing, whenever I used to flirt I'd laugh my ass off, so I had to keep myself together. That said, humour can be a good catalyst I guess.

Making eye contact.....nuff said.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Finding an excuse to start talking, I guess.
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

Filtering out the douchebags. I've found they are the majority.

getting over my apathy

I'm worried I won't be a good gf, that whoever I decide to flirt with won't be attracted to me, that I'll make a fool of myself, or that they will reply rather cuttingly that they aren't interested.

I used to have no idea how to flirt though. In fact, I thought people just mentioned they liked someone, and that they *magically?* ended up bf and gf. I didn't realise there was this flirting, flying rumours and passing of messages going on between people, and that it takes a lot of *hinting*-well isn't that was flirting is?- to get someone to finally say something. I didn't hang around with anyone who had a bf at highschool, so I was never told this, or had any friends to ask about what I was supposed to do. I didn't dress that great either-mum got to veto which clothes were bought for me, sometimes I'd pick anything to make shopping with her quicker- and I didn't know how to style my hair(still learning). And my sister spent more time going out with friends and things, and would only bring up bfs if we were arguing. She'd say *let's count how many friends you have, and how many you have.* and if I said that she didn't like most of them anyways, she'd say *ok, let's count how many boyfriends you've had, and how many I've had*. Obviously she had more of both. Asking my mum or big sister about anything was a no-no. They passed things between each other anyways, and you'd end up being asked/joked about/hassled/lectured about things for days/weeks/months in front of most of the family.

I wish I could be more social. I think I can approach people to chat to them easy enough, but I think I'm not creative with what to chat about, and that I have the air of someone nervous, worried and thinking the worst-rather than an outgoing, cheery, happy-go-lucky air that people like to be around. I also have to work on smiles and expressions when I'm talking and being around people, as I'm realising I must look dead-pan 90% of the time.

Eeek, I've got too many challenges! I guess it can be wrapped up in one challenge: to be bubbly, open and interesting enough for men to want to flirt with me.
    Last edited by Charisma; 29-06-10 at 06:43 AM.

Honestly, I just try to act as calm as possible. Cool and collected, small talk from there. That works until I start really being attracted to the guy, then I turn into a shy babbling idiot... But eventually once that comfort level is broken, it's easy sailing from there.

Not freaking out (if the girl is hot)

I would have to say, actually initiating the flirting and fearing that I'm not going to get any flirting back. Its subtle rejection, and it sucks.

I never really was a one to flirt - just wasn't in my nature. Met my current GF and couldn't stop flirting. We were talking about life the universe and everything. She asked me what I wanted - I looked her right in the eyes and said 'I want you'. Seemed to work.