+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she hinting that it's over? please help,cheers.

Is she hinting that it's over? please help,cheers.

Hi Folks..

Firstly I'm new so 'hey' to everyone and secondly thanks for reading my post, I hope you can give me a few opinons on what my girlfriend/friend is trying to say... Ok the story goes...

I'm 21, And go to summer camp in the usa to work on a summer camp for special needs adults, meet up and work at the summer camp and meet around 90 staff from 25different countries(I'm from Scotland) and we all work together and become friends, We all go on trips together to see cities/towns etc in the U.S. when getting days off from camp. So one of our 2day breaks, We stay in the camp and a few of us go to the pub, where I get talking a girl that I'm told fancies(likes) me, I only spoke to her a few times at camp as we never were around the same places together but she's from sweden and 19years old called Jo-hanna, and we talk, have a few drinks and end up kissing and going to sleep together(not sex but sleeping,cuddling together) We go out again the next day, We are both sober and kiss again and stay together again.. We go back to camp for the week (our last week of camp) and spent all our free time together, hanging around, kissing/holding hands/talking/getting to know each other, I'm thinking this is perfect and what I've always wanted this, Feeling so close.

The last night of camp, we have our dance.. everyone says goodbye etc, Jo-Hanna goes to florida for a week to meet her friend, They stay in Florida & we agree to meet up in NYC after tey come back from Florida, I meet Jo-Hanna and her friend in New York and we have 2 fab days together, going out and meals and hanging around, I had a friend with me, so it was cool as there was 4 of us and no one was left out. Things are good, we kiss, hold hands, feels so right, our 2nd night was similar, I was moving on to california and she was going home in a couple of days, so we have our last day together in new york, we talk until 4am or so, she says she is shy with her feelings to me, I say that's ok but I tell her that I've never met anyone like her and I don't want to lose her, I ask her what she thinks she says in her words "I will wait for you" and I say can I call you girlfriend and she says yes.. so i'm delighted over the moon. she asks when "will i see you again?" I tell her I can visit in October, She says "cool october," so we agree on october for me to visit sweden.

Things go on, Jo-Hanna goes home, I go to California.. We e-mail, I come hometo scotland middle september, we e-mail and called a few times aswell. I'm back home and it's great seeing my friends and things and I'm not even tempted about a girl in Scotland and everytime I'm out with my friends and their girlfriends, I was just happy knowing that I was going to see mine in October. We continue to e-mail... The past week the e-mails weren't as long and weren't every Day, but still chatty and nice, so I didn't think too much to it but had a sneaking suspicion in my head.

So Im due to go to Sweden on Tuesday(oct 12) and i'm all preared exicted, telling my friends etc how cool things are she sends me a e-mail tonight.. Below ok most of it was how are you? did you have good weekend? but here is an important part I've pasted here below...

"I was just thinking about something that I have been thinking about for quite a long time now. I have been a little bit confused about all this with us. It is going to be so nice to see you again and to spend more time with you, but I don't know in what way I am exited. I don't know if I feel more than a friend thing or if it is more- I can't tell right now. I hope you understand this right- I really want to see you again, because you are such a nice person, but I have to see what I feel about all this- just give it some time to see. Mabye you feel the same way. Everything went so fast at the end of camp and everything. I so really hope that you understand that I am confused, but i hope that I will understand things better when I see you again"

Ok so I read that and allthough I wasn't sure I feel kind taken a-back and don't know how or what to do? I'm going to stay with her parents and her on tuesday and I don't know what to do.. To me it seems like she's strongly hinting at she doesn't want anything to happen, I feel quite hurt but maybe I got easily attached I don't know, I just feel kinda embarrased too like telling everyone I'm going to sweden to see my friend, and people say is that your g/f? i say yeah, pretty much.. and now i'll come back saying 'oh we are friends'

I just want to know really, What do you guys think? I want to say a big thanks for reading this and listening to me, I appreciate all your opinons.

Cheers again

Kevin

I'd say she has had time to think about your relationship and has got a bit taken back with the whole thing. Maby she sees that its a long distance relationship that asks too much from each of you, so you should think of that also.
    In saying that maby she is just being smart about thing, and not putting pressure on either of you!
    Id go there and try and enjoy yourself and take it as you find it.

Good luck!