+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any black women in this forum?

Any black women in this forum?

I am a white man who is currently looking for a black girlfriend, as black women are the type I am attracted to. However, I have some questions about black women, and black people in general, that I would like to ask:

1) How come some black women are reluctant to date white men? Is it because they're scared of what white men may do to them?

2) Why do many black women straighten their hair? I think the kinky look is just fine.

3) Do black people like to talk about racially sensitive topics with white people, or does that make them uncomfortable?

4) What don't black people like to be called "Negroes" any more? Unlike "nigger", "Negro" wasn't always a slur intended to denigrate people.

5) I have heard black women sometimes favorably described as "Nubian queens". Do they like to be called that, or is that too racially sensitive?

6) Speaking of Nubians, I am interested in African history, particularly that of the Nile Valley (Egypt and Nubia). Would talking about that count as a racially sensitive topic? Also, how interested is the average black person in African history?

1) How come some black women are reluctant to date white men? Is it because they're scared of what white men may do to them?
    Some black women simply are not attracted to white men.

2) Why do many black women straighten their hair? I think the kinky look is just fine.
    Personal preference. I personally find straight hair easier to manage.

3) Do black people like to talk about racially sensitive topics with white people, or does that make them uncomfortable?
    This would depend on the individual...

4) What don't black people like to be called "Negroes" any more? Unlike "nigger", "Negro" wasn't always a slur intended to denigrate people.
    It's an outdated term.

5) I have heard black women sometimes favorably described as "Nubian queens". Do they like to be called that, or is that too racially sensitive?
    Depends on the individual. I personally think it's dumb.

6) Speaking of Nubians, I am interested in African history, particularly that of the Nile Valley (Egypt and Nubia). Would talking about that count as a racially sensitive topic? Also, how interested is the average black person in African history?
    Umm, I doubt it'd be considered as a racially sensitive topic.
    No links in signatures

how about you treat them like you would any other woman and use the common sense you would with any other woman

Why do you ask questions like they're some kind of foreign species? o.O They're just people.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'm still wondering why white people ask so many dumb questions. i guess this is why vashti is so smart, she put up with them for her entire life... muhahahaha

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

^That wasn't nice - some of us are quite smart and don't ask stoopid dumb shit, lol

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^ hahahaha.... welcome to MY forum.

damn, you're on the other side of the planet as i am...

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

might just be me, but i think its better to ask "dumb" questions than to walk around being racially ignorant
    No links in signatures

Sorry for my stupid questions. I apologize if I offended anyone with them.

I would be royally pissed off if I discovered that the main reason a guy was dating me was because of my race.
    Spammer Spanker

If you have some thing for black women, go out and start meeting them. I'm not sure what your angle is with the whole quest for information. It's not as though calling a black woman a "Nubian Queen" is going to score you a date. In fact, you're either gonna get bitch slapped, called out, or both. Treat each woman with respect and try to get to know HER. There aren't certain things you can do or say to attract "BLACK WOMEN". Like all other women, each individual black woman has her own mind, her own set of feelings, her own body. I mean, you sound like you're hunting an animal or something.

So... Do I use steak or fish? Should I season the bait? How will I know if it's about to attack? What kind of net should I buy? Sheesh. At this rate, you should start with any woman because I'm gathering that your conversational skills need some work.

Quote Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
    might just be me, but i think its better to ask "dumb" questions than to walk around being racially ignorant
    I think this is the best advice I've read so far.

Uh. I've been told that im black.. so I'm going to answer this as a black person..... O.o though I have no idea.

My boyfriend is white? I love white guys. Some are just annoying but others are pretty damn funny and awesome.

Same reason why girls with straight hair want to curl their hair. We want what we can't have. lol i wear my hair like that only at home and maybe if i cbf. but straight hair looks good too.

My best friend is white. And me and her only crack racist jokes at each other

Havent ever been called a nigger or negro before. i'd find it hilarious if someone did call me that though. I personally love racist people and racist jokes. but racist in a funny way. not racist in the "i hate you and everything about your black-ass" kind of way

...I have never heard of that and I dont like being called that. or wouldnt like being called that. It sounds weird and i prefer you to just call me "baby" or something cute.

Well I'm from Africa... but I moved to Australia. I'd find it awesome if you took interest in my background and was like "Did you live near the Nile!?" or something stupid and cute like that. Though I wouldnt like talking about it since i dont know much about where im from lol. Maybe other things?

PEOPLE LIKE TO BE WITH THE MAN THEY ARE ATTRACTED TO AND LIKE. IT'S NOT A RACE ISSUE, LOVE IS NOT BOUT RACE OR ANYTHING.

STRAIGHT HAIR IS EASIER TO MANAGE.

I DONT LIKE TO TALK BOUT RACIALLY TOPICS, I THINK ITS SUCH A BULLSHIT. PEOPLE ARE MORE THAN THEIR COLOR SKIN. I DONT THINK THIS IS A INTERESTING SUBJECT TO TALK BOUT

ITS AN OFFENSIVE TERM. DO YOU LIKE TO BE CALLED ASSHOLE? ITS THE SAME THING. OFFENSIVE. YOU SHOULD CALL PEOPLE BY THEIR NAMES.

ITS CRAZY. BUT IF THE WOMAN LIKES IT, ITS PERSONAL.

NOPE, THATS HISTORY. AND ITS BORING, UNLESS YOU ARE TRYING TO GET YOURSELF A HISTORY TEACHER.

good luck with everything

I'm black and I've dated all races. My current bf is white.

I find it a turn off when guys approach me because I'm black. I've literally had white guys corner me in a club to tell me how much they love black women/my ass/hair/skin etc. Instead of being flattering it makes me uncomfortable because I feel like they only want to date/sleep with me because of physical reasons, not because of who I am as a person. I usually end up feeling objectified, even if that wasn't the guy's intent.

I understand having a preference. Hell, I have a preference myself. I have a huge thing for nerdy men. But I'm not dating my boyfriend because he's a huge nerd I'm dating him because I like him. Just like he's dating me because he likes the person I am, not merely for a physical reason.

Bottom line: You should probably approach the woman you want as if she were any other woman. Get to know her, have fun, and don't obsess about her outer appearance (while talking to her or picking her up) or you may turn her off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast