+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do you ladies expect from dating websites?

What do you ladies expect from dating websites?

I've just joined an online dating website that a friend recommended and I'm puzzled, what do women expect from these websites?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hmmm.... that's a tough one. Maybe they expect a date?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

besides the obvious, maybe a better question is what do you expect from men on dating websites?
    Last edited by shyromantic; 17-06-10 at 05:25 AM.

men on these sites range from casual-sex hookups to serious commitment minds.
    Make sure you fill out the questionnaire honestly, but then again, the men often lie about themselves.
    It's a gamble.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Based on what my friends have told me, I would expect the men to be shorter and less successful than they claim. So, if a guy says he is 6 feet tall, I would guess he is really 5'10 or 5"11. If he says he is self-employed or a consultant, I assume he is unemployed. If he is wearing a baseball hat in his profile picture, he is bald. If he drives a great big pick up truck, he has a small penis.

Just to be fair, women lie about their weight. Count on it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

ha, well first time I visited the internet my little sis had created an account for me on a dating site(I know, strange, but I guess she liked it so much she wanted me to join too), so I filled out the stuff, made a profile, even put a little pic of myself up.

I thought I'd have guys wanting to talk to me, maybe even flirt(which made me a little shy, I was still innocent at the time) and that I'd find some eye candy.

I either got messages from older indian men promising to make me a *princess* or some bored *white* guys just randomly sending messages. I spoke to one guy for a while who I thought was cute(in the good looking sense, not in the sweet nice sense-which rings alarm bells for me now). lol he had single on his profile and for ages he said to me that he was- he actually had a girlfriend who later dumped him because she thought he was a distant emotionless cheating crappy bf! lol the irony, he later had this big realisation that he had hurt her and not been there, and she had be paranoid enough to have thought he was cheating (cos you'd surely be on a dating site when you already have a gf?).

After that, I got a better opinion of guys. Up til then I had simply been cynical of guys excessively flirting and boasting about their conquests. Not that those things aren't any less despicable.

I haven't been on that site for years!
    Last edited by Charisma; 17-06-10 at 08:56 AM.

It was like I'd imagined it would be.....men full of shit, well a high percentage of those I talked to anyway. You know the kind, they send mails such as 'hi sexy, you are hot'. Next thing you know they are talking of how they would love to meet you, they never clicked so well with a woman before - two days later they claim to love you...yeah ok whatever. It would put me off and when they seemed overly keen, because overly keen and when you hardly know someone, comes across as 'desperate'. Plus, they were wanting to rush and before they had even any frigging clue as to whether I was even interested....they just assumed for some reason I was interested.

There were some decent guys of course.

I don't go on it now, discovered I prefer the old fashioned way....'meeting in real life'.

so if you take the opinion that guys on dating websites are all balding windbags with small genitals, what chances do honest guys have?

If everyone gets tarred with the same brush then maybe I should look elsewhere.

^Try the 'real' world.