+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Omg omg omg

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe you should just box up the diamond (assuming you want to surprise her), and then let her pick out her own setting?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Thats pretty amazing. Personally I wouldn't want that as an engagement or wedding ring because I like simple things that arent majorly flashy. But at times I like super flashy things... But uh. anyway. Its gorgeous. She's a lucky girl ♥

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Maybe you should just box up the diamond (assuming you want to surprise her), and then let her pick out her own setting?
    I was totally leaning in that direction at one point. But then I thought to myself. I am the worst gift giver in the world. I never know what to get people. This is an opportunity for me to actually pick out something on my own, and I want to take advantage of that. I will tell her, that she is more than willing to exchange the setting if she likes, I won't be offended at all. And that's the truth.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I think you should stop gravitating toward a solitaire with round diamonds placed to both sides of it. most of the women here on LF aren't fond of them. I personally find them really droll and wannabe-flashy. and I agree the second one was manly.

I love the unique settings indi showed.

Does your gal have more traditional taste or modern?

yeah liked it

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Does your gal have more traditional taste or modern?
    Absolutely be aware of this.
    If she is really excited to be marrying you, I don't think the diamonds or setting are exactly what matters, it's the step you're taking to say "Hey I want you in my life."

She should like it, and be able to show off to all her friends in what terrific taste you have. Maybe do you have access to her computer? Most women have a few rings saved in their Bookmarks.
    Wait- don't do that. It'll get misconstrued. Does she gravitate to any TYPE of ring? Or ever made mention of what she thought of as acceptable?
    Give me something I can take,
    Can take to make the memories fade.
    Poison kiss, remember this,
    I never was meant for this day.

Okay, consider this thread closed. Picked, Purchased, Picking up tomorrow. Thanks for everyone's input.

"Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Beautiful!

a proposal that's gona make her cry with happiness and a beautiful shiny sparkly ring? i can't see her ever complaining.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123