+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Question about the French

Question about the French

Hello everyone. I realize that this could quite possibly be nothing more than a stereotype caused by a few people who have this preference, but here it goes. Do most French people like the "natural" smell of the human body. In other words do they like the smell of people who don't use deodorant or skip a few showers? If its not true I'm not trying to be offensive, and apologize in advance if you are offended. If it IS true please try to explain why this is the case.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Never heard of that, especially given the vast number of perfume companies that seem to originate in France.

It all goes way over my head, but I read that it's the natural smell of a person, that makes us either attracted to someone or not. It's the smell that draws us to someone apparantly.

And I have French ancestary (does that count?)...and prefer a perfumed smell to a natural one...especially if someone doesn't bathe that often, ugh.

Is it true that the French don't shave their armpits?

^^That's the Germans, lol

That's a lot of Europeans. That's not necessarily going to make someone stinky, though.

Personally, I absolutely hate cologne, perfume, etc. I will open up shampoo in the store to see if I can stand the smell of it. I also hate B.O. My sense of smell is delicate enough that I can always smell it, no matter what you used to cover it up. B.O. plus perfume is just plain nasty. Reminds me of the scented maxi pads my third grade teacher used to wear. Yuck.

The only solution is to bathe often. The "natural" smell of the human body is wonderful when it's clean. Skipping showers just makes you gross, and I can't imagine why a French person would want to smell that any more than anyone else.
    Spammer Spanker

I was actually hoping that PP would chime in here. What I hear is not that they like the smell of a dirty body perse, but the natural smell of someone's body. I specifically was told by someone who dated a French woman that when he'd get home from work she'd jump him and want to have sex BEFORE he showered because she loved his scent. I'm just trying to figure out if that is a common occurrence over there or if that was just that one woman's preference.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...