+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What the heck can I do...?

What the heck can I do...?

So, I'm almost 22, now, and to be frank, I've never really had any luck with girls. I think I've found one particular reason girls just kind of blow me off all the time, and I really have no idea how to fix it. Apparently, I look like a very young teenager. Now, admittedly, I'm really short (5'2"-ish), and I have a naturally boyish face, but I can't really do anything about either of those things. But in general, I've tried changing my look, I've tried buying better clothing, I've tried growing facial hair, etc., and nothing ever seems to work.

I literally have random strangers mistake me for being in my early teens (one even thought I was under 12...) every week. Seriously. And these are people I'm NOT attracted to; I can only imagine what the girls I do have interest in actually think of me... It's no wonder girls kinda ignore me; I mean, what 22 year old girl wants to date a "12 year old boy"? And most of the time, the people that tell me this seem to be so amused by my "youthful" look, yet I don't take it as a compliment. It irritates me, and it seriously cuts my confidence...

I know a lot of people will probably tell me that this trait will be nice later on in life when I'm much older, but how does that help me NOW? I'd kinda like to get into the dating world and enjoy my youth a little before it slips away, but it's hard to hook a girl my age in when I look like a young child. :/

Hmm... maybe growth formulas? drink heaps of milk? go to the gym. build some muscle. not a lot though. guys with a ton of muscle look gross. but personal opinion there. shave your face anyway. Shaving= makes hair grow faster/thicker so if you do it anyway maybe the hair would grow at some point? Not sure how to help you since I've always had the trouble of looking too old for my age.

But best of luck, lovely

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hhaa! shaving does NOT make the hair grow faster or thicker. That's an old wive's tale. Hair grows from inside the skin, and is unaffected by shaving or cutting.

I think you should try to be the best you can be, and try finding smaller girls. Fortunately, there are some of them out there.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

my brother is the same. he's short and young looking and it's hurt his confidence in regards to getting girls. he started working out a lot and has beefed up a tad. feels better about himself because it makes him look/feel more masculine. try lifting, protein shakes and all that jazz and see what happens. you obviously aren't going to grow taller but it might make you feel a little bigger and give off more of a masculine vibe to girls.

there are short girls out there, and even taller girls who don't mind a shorter guy. just need to be confident and patient. how about an online dating site. maybe you can find someone on there who won't give a rats ass about your height and baby face? good luck!
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

Tbh, my personal opinion you shouldn't concern yourself so much about getting a girl, your still young and you have enough time to enjoy your youth. A girl will probably come to you when your not even looking and if shes the right one for you shouldnt care if you look to young or to small. Will love you for who you are. ^^
    Right now what you see as flaws will probably help you out alot in the future ;3

I am a guy (sorry female forum), who has the same problem as you OP.

I am about 5'4, do NOT grow any facial hair except for a pathetic moustache, and have a very boyish looking face, yet happen to be 22. I still have managed to get out there in the dating world, it just takes more effort (and getting thicker skin from being rejected). Part of it is finding someone who is shorter, possibly even young looking as well. My girlfriend and I look like a 14yr old couple :/ Not everyone cares about you looking like Mr. Machismo 30 year old, or even Mr. PsudoMachismo 20 year old, some girl like to check out your personality. Keep your chin up, I think you'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    hhaa! shaving does NOT make the hair grow faster or thicker. That's an old wive's tale. Hair grows from inside the skin, and is unaffected by shaving or cutting.

I think you should try to be the best you can be, and try finding smaller girls. Fortunately, there are some of them out there.

really? but after i started shaving my legs got really bad?? :s it wasnt that bad before... :s... maybe its the lotion im using then.... okay! well thankyou!

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Girls shorter than me kinda weird me out, only because I'm so short as it is. I kinda prefer a girl that's about my height. I like feeling more "equal" in that aspect. That's not to say that I'm closed off to the idea of dating with a shorter girl; honestly, though, I don't meet very many, anyway, and the ones I do meet are either old enough to be my mother/ grandmother, or are about my age but like really tall guys. So, I guess it's a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTooya View Post
    I am a guy (sorry female forum), who has the same problem as you OP.

I am about 5'4, do NOT grow any facial hair except for a pathetic moustache, and have a very boyish looking face, yet happen to be 22. I still have managed to get out there in the dating world, it just takes more effort (and getting thicker skin from being rejected). Part of it is finding someone who is shorter, possibly even young looking as well. My girlfriend and I look like a 14yr old couple :/ Not everyone cares about you looking like Mr. Machismo 30 year old, or even Mr. PsudoMachismo 20 year old, some girl like to check out your personality. Keep your chin up, I think you'll be fine
    Hah, kind of a dangerous ground, there, though. I mean, if you pursue girls that look younger, too, you kinda run the risk of actually hitting on a young girl in her teens. Not only would that be awkward, but possibly incriminating, as well! lol

This sounds more like an obsession or self infatuation more than it is a "problem."

Girls blow guys off ALL the time, it doesn't matter what you look like or how tall you are. I have a younger look to me because I keep myself clean shaven, but its obvious I'm early twenties (23). I'm 6'6" and can overshadow most guys fairly easily, but I still get turned down. Different folks, different strokes.

Sure, 5'2" is on the low end, but 6'6" is on the high end. Work with what you got, shorter guys usually have a more barrel chested look and have a more muscular physique. On the other hand, I am tall and slender, muscle doesn't show well because of the sheer size of my muscle groups. I'm not a body builder by any means, but I am probably above average for strength.

You need to flip the way you are looking at this. You have to exploit your strengths and ignore the weaknesses. When you master that, your strengths will eclipse your weaknesses. It's a mental hurdle, I have seen some HOT women hanging on shorter guys.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger