+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What movie to watch with my girlfriend?

You both should defiantly watch "A Walk To Remember" It's a very romantic movie. I think she would love it.
    Calm on the outside......Crazy on the inside.

Fifty First Dates

I suggest you watch The Notebook.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was a bold but bad choice for a date movie. Some horror movies can work well, like Gigabitch suggested, but it's better if they are just scary and not especially gory. Do not under any circumstances watch Deadgirl with any female that you ever want to like you.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bah. Casablanca. If either of you have any taste, which you probably don't, you'll both love it.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Hellraiser 2. It has better story than the third one and special effects are still watcheable.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    when harry met sally.
    If you need to watch a movie like this to sparkle your relationship, then I feel just sorry for you.

What about documentaries? BBC "Life" series? Blue Planet?
    Don't expect anything.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, boobaa, you are so incredibly, wretchedly sad. A documentary? With your girlfriend?

You're still a virgin, aren't you?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Watch "He's just not that into you".

That'll set things straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Wow, boobaa, you are so incredibly, wretchedly sad. A documentary? With your girlfriend?

You're still a virgin, aren't you?
    No, I am not sad. No, I am not virgin, in fact I had incredible sex just yesterday, if you want to know so badly.

What is wrong with documentary? We share same interest and we both enjoyed it very much, watching the life of birds, which is the most beautiful and interesting thing. I suggest David Attenborough.

I would most definatly not watch some love story nor thriller, firstly because I have seen lots of movies, secondly because it just doesn't compete and is boring. I am guessing you are the type of person who goes/went to the movies while dating.

If you are some happy googoo in a pink bubble, be free and watch some teenage love story, whatever fits your taste.
    Don't expect anything.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Booba, I love documentaries, too. But in truth, they aren't the kind of thing the majority of people would watch when just starting out with the dating, and they don't do a thing to promote romance.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think you are right, as for the most people.

It all depends of the mindset. And usually romantic experience starts with an idea, an expectation, most people don't expect anything to happen during a documentary, that is the problem. Basically I think you can watch any movie as long as you have expectations and sexual tension established. Generally people don't put their arm around their girl because the movie tells them so. They watch movie together because they want to be together and want something to happen, girls know this too, a movie is just an excuse because shyness and ego don't let people to be direct enough.
    Personally, I can understand if a girl is lightly scared while watching some good horror movie, but mostly horror movies suck and I just don't believe in screaming girl next to me, it sounds like faking orgasm.

Certain documentaries I find more funny, witty and interesting than some blank comedy. Watching funny looking animals do their thing and just laugh my ass off. Its sort of similar to why some people love cats. I guess if you don't like cats, you don't like many documentaries also.
    Don't expect anything.

Letters to Juliet and 500 Days of Summer were not too bad.

Ehh? Alien? Are you sure this girl likes romantic films, don't be fooled by that she's a girl. I hate romantic flicks. Nothing would make me unhappier than be forced to watch Twilight.
    Oh wait, there's some romantic flicks I like. Jane Eyre, for example. If you like costume dramas. Lord of the Rings, great epic fantasy, lots of cuddle time and romantic story too. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind I loved though. But maybe a bit heavy?

Cmon, everybody has seen Alien. But it is fun to watch the whole TRILOGY again though. In this case I suggest Alien 3 Directors Cut, which is the best. Some new exciting scenes which change the progress of story a bit, but are way more logical (I am not going to spoiler them here) and lot of psychological games.
    Don't expect anything.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast