+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Anniversary gift ideas

Anniversary gift ideas

My two year anniversary with my girlfriend is coming up and I was thinking of getting her Egyptian cotton sheets. I've heard commercials around Valentine's day for them as a good alternative to the standard flowers and things like that. My first question is, is this a good gift idea? Last year I got her the camera with the touch screen on the front, but this year she doesn't have a job so she said we should tone down the amount we spend on gifts. Second question is I've heard that some companies lie about the thread count in sheets, do you know of a reliable place to get them? I'm open to other suggestions as well. I'm 22 and she's 19 if that helps or makes a difference. Thanks in advance.

I'd love it. Go for it. Nice sheets=lots of time spent in bed. Win/win I say.

I'm no help when it comes to sheets though. I'd do some online research, maybe Consumer Reports? Also get a gift receipt and make sure there's a decent return policy.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

well its a matter of opinion. Im 17...so i would be like "...thanks?" but i dont need to worry about sheets and stuff... so depends. you guys living together? if yes go for it. if no flowers and chocolate and SMEX! ♥

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nice sheets are great, but kind of a mature gift for a 19 year old, unless she has specifically asked for them. Maybe jewelry would be a better idea?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

oh man, what i would give for a nice spa treatment...facial, mani, pedi, massage, great way to relax!
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

I'm 20.I don't think id want a sheet.depends if you guys are living together maybe.MY bf and i have been together 3 yrs.He gives me jewelery or some really cute top( you would have an idea what she likes right?).He makes sure he writes something in the card on his own.And while giving the card he hold me close and reads it 2me!I Find that so romantic ........Depends ok, people are different