+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice: My girl friend spend 3 to 5 hrs a day with my friend

Advice: My girl friend spend 3 to 5 hrs a day with my friend

My fiancé and i live in different states. I go to school and spend most of my time studying and rarely got a chance to meet people. On the other hand my girl friend live with close relatives and friends and have a better social life. Recently she is spending 3 to 5 hrs a day in the evening watching movies with our mutual close friend (which she considered him as a "family"). Is that normal or acceptable? I reluctantly talk about it with her and express my disapproval but she think i am being irrational. What do you guys think? Thanks, we going to read your responses together.

J.

I wouldn't like it if my partner was spending every day with a member of the opposite sex! She might not fancy him but he may like her and try make a move. You are right and your girlfriend is so wrong.

Uhm. As a girl I can take this from both of your perspectives... If i wanted to spend time with my male-best friend i would find it annoying if my boyfriend pestered me about it. However, 3-5 hours a day is a bit excessive. I'm not sure if your girl realizes it but her "family" might like her. like: love-like. She might deny it but I've talked to some of my male friends like that and they say that if they like her they'd want to spend time with her, it doesn't matter if she doesnt like him just as long as he can be with her. :/ its sweet, yes... but if that girl has a boyfriend i think thats kind of wrong. (sorry)

To the girlfriend/fiancee: Try to be more considerate, love. Your man is working and trying to save money so he can start a life with you (i assume). The least you could do is be there for him. I'm not sure why you and him are living in separate states, but you should try working and saving up your money so that you're prepared for the future. It's better to become more independent now than wait for you and your man to move in together..

To the boyfriend/fiance: You also need to be more considerate. If you're working all the time and can barely see her, she's obviously going to get lonely at some point. If you are trying to save money so that you can start a life with her- don't forget to live in the present. Its worth your while to save for the future. But if you don't enjoy things now- then you wont be too happy until that 'future' comes. And there's no guarantee about anything in life. Including life.

Okay! Good luck guys! Hope you work it out

I'd be irritated if my gf was spending 3-5 hours every day with the same male friend. For the most part, guys aren't just friends with girls. We're friends with girls because we'd **** them if given the chance.
    I don't chase, I replace.

If lack of satisfaction was logical he would become your exam without reasonable

I think 3-5 hours is a bit much to be spending with another guy. Has this ALWAYS been the case? I'm guessing it hasn't been since you have a problem with it now rather than earlier in the relationship. If the "family friend" is getting 3-5 hours of attention per day, then how much time does that leave for you, her fiance? I realize you two are in separate states as well and boy I tell ya, that would not settle well with me at all. It's not so much as I wouldn't trust my girl, it's the guy. Guys will climb mountains and put on the most ridiculously drawn out she-rads ever just to get a girl. Personally, I wouldn't even feel comfortable spending that much time with a chick who has a fiance. It's a VERY thin line between hanging out with a guy everyday and an emotional affair. Careful, this could very easily become an emotional affair.

3-5 hours is a lot. They must be talking a lot before and after the sex.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Thanks all for sharing your helpful view.