+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Female Health question please help !!!

Female Health question please help !!!

My gf has been having reoccuring UTI. Her first time was like in late april or early May. At first we didn't know what it was cause she had symptoms of burning while peeing. We thought she was dehydrated so i told her to drink more water and left it at that. But eventually it she was hurting really bad and we figured out the symptoms and got her Bacterim (form of antibiotic). That cured her UTI for about 2 weeks. Then she started having the symptoms again and i took her to the ER and they gave her pyridium and macrosomething (another form of antibiotic). That helped alot and she was cured again. Now she's starting to feel a slight burning when she pees and we're both worry she might be having another UTI. i'm so like wtf is going on?

Brief story on our relationship.
    Yes we are sexually active. She and I were each others first time. So i know it's not an STD. She is in good health and me too so its nothing heiridatry STD or anything like that. We have sex quite alot (protected ofcourse). At first i thought maybe it's me cause i do foreplay down there with my fingers and thought maybe i was passing off bacteria from my fingers so i stopped doing that. The only thing i do with her now is intercourse and licking for her. I tell her to pee after we have sex and to drink extra water. I have very good hygenes, i shower twice a day and nothing dirty touchs my penis.

Can anyone please please help me out i'm worry about her and wonder is it me cause her uti.

Peeing after sex is important, but and not to be gross or call her out but when she wipes after pooping its huge that she wipes front to back.

That or unfortunately some women are just more apt to get recurring UTI's and have to always have a prescription of antibiotic on hand with them. She may want to see a urologist.
    Last edited by QueenofCorona; 23-06-10 at 03:33 AM.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

I read that a cause of this, is when germs from the anal area come into contact with the vaginal area. So QueenofCorona is right. It's important she wipes from front to back and also if you are doing anything in the anal region, wash your fingers or whatever and immediatley afterwards, or you are carrying germs over that way also.

Yea after the 2nd UTI we went to the ER and the nurse told her to wipe front to back. She's been doing it ever since so i don't think her reoccuring UTI is from that. I don't ever touch her butt hole it. I'm like so puzzle as to where this cause of her UTI is coming from. She pees after sex. she use wipes. I don't put my finger in her vag anymore thinking maybe my finger is dirty. We intercourse and i give her tongue afterward to finish her up and thats about it. No weird stuff or nasty stuff. Can the UTI be cause by intercourse? We havn't tried going a whole month without sex to see if the UTI will come back anyway cause i'm not that strong will and she's always eager to please me when she sense im horny. I don't know what else to do, can't think of any other possible causes for her UTI.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just take the pre cautions... some things that help:
    -always pee after
    -always wipe properly
    -don't hold your pee often- GO when you gotta go
    -keep cranberry juice on hand
    -get cranberry extract pills (they're vitamins)
    -I've JUST been prescribed a pill that prevents it starts with a C (had it before to treat the UTI- but now it can be prescribed as a preventative measure)

I'm somewhat prone to them too...

Are you using latex condoms? If you are, she may be allergic to them.

I had the same symptoms, burning while peeing and fiannly talked to my doctor about it and found out that latex irritated my "girly" parts. If she is, you can ask your pharmasyst about polyurathane(sp?) condoms.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I read that a cause of this, is when germs from the anal area come into contact with the vaginal area.
    This ^. Well, sort of.

Urinary tract infections have nothing at all to do with what goes up the vagina, but rather what goes up the urethra (the pee hole), and the most common bacteria to cause UTI is E. coli, which comes from her rectum. If your girlfriend seems to be resistant to treatment, it's possible that another bacteria is the cause of the problem, but she will need to submit a urine sample for lab analysis to determine if that is the case. Not all bacterias are affected by the same antibiotic, so it is important that they ensure it is the right antibiotic for that specific bacteria (assuming the cause is bacterial).

Also, be sure your GF uses the full prescription of medications, even if she feels fine. Lots of people stop taking them when they start to feel better, but that is a terrible idea, because cell death occurs late in the cellular cycle when exposed to antibiotics, so stopping early will allow immature cells to continue to grow and reproduce which will lead to what would appear to be a new UTI.

Hygiene is the key - wiping front to back is imperative, of course, as is urinating after intercourse, but in all honesty (although i haven't seen any studies to confirm this), it does seem that petite girls are more prone to having UTIs, probably because of the shorter distance between the urethra and the anus. You might want to advise her to avoid wearing thong underwear, and see if that helps.

If she likes cranberry juice, she should drink a lot of it, The acidity kills off E coli (if that's what is causing her problems. But you can't get the kind that actually tastes good - you need to go to Trader Joes, and get the real stuff.
    Last edited by vashti; 24-06-10 at 09:36 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Your girlfriend also bleeds out of her vagina for about 4 days in a row every month. Why aren't you more concerned about that?