+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Most Disturbing Horror Movie You Ever Saw.

I thought the Exorcist was shit. Creepiest and best horror movie of all time apparantly...haha. I've seen scarier Tom and Jerry cartoons..

The new Exorcist movie looks good though.

Xxazurexx------The most disturbing for me? Probably "The Ring", the original Japanese version. I watched it without any expectations ie. tickets for another movie were sold out so I picked "The Ring". Was scared silly. Could not sleep for a week.

Mish-----I remember watching "Event Horizon" in the cinema, eventhough I've now long forgotten the story. My friend dug her fingernails into my arm. What a bad movie.

The Shining and Candyman are pretty creepy.

Nice taste of mainstream.

Hostel was one of the worst movies I have ever seen, and I actually bought the dvd... Luckily it was something like 1$ but still not worth it. Never bothered with Hostel 2.

These are not horror movies but gore movies.

Watch "Das Experiment" and you feel half way through that you want to stop, but you cannnot because you are one of the victims.
    Don't expect anything.

If you want to watch a real gorror movie, check out Cannibal Holocaust or this new Dutch movie called the Human Centipede.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    The most disturbing horror movie that I can remember offhand was Deadgirl. The overall style of the movie was like a good Sundance-type indie film, but the subject matter was an appalling cross between American Pie and Shaun of the Dead, without much humor. And to the extent that there was humor, it was dark, extremely dark.
    I'm bumping an excerpt from my own post on page one of this thread, for a reason. If anybody here has been totally freaked out by the necro thread elsewhere in this forum, you will find Deadgirl extremely disturbing.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

^I've seen bits an pieces of both the Human Centipede and DeadGirl, and I agree they are revolting. But ridiculous. I haven't watched any of the Hostels, there's no entertainment value in humans torturing eachother, in my opinion. At least the first Saw was inventive, but not disturbing. I have only seen the first two though, yawn fest.

There was a horror film once I think that I actually fond disturbing, gnawing somewhere in the back of my mind what the title was, will get back to this once I have an idea.
    But I can find some horror scary, but disturbing, that's very little.

scarrryyy.....

alright...i know that it's been awhile since someone posted in this thread...but this is my first time venturing into this area of the LF lol.

i don't know if anyone's mentioned this (because i didn't have time to read through the whole thread) but i sort of enjoy some of the cheesier B rated movie horrors...to watch and laugh and squirm all at the same time. and i know a lot of people are probably going to laugh...but pet sematary will always be on my list of favorite horrors. i watched it on halloween at a sleepover with one of my girlfriends when i was in middle school and it scared the bejesus out of me...that was an awesome halloween. that whole scene where the wife is dreaming about her sick sister who is hovering over in the corner and looks over her shoulder all creepy...talk about nightmares!!! loved it

watch with caution :

Last edited by RdHrshyKss; 23-11-10 at 12:06 PM.
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    If you want to watch a real gorror movie, check out Cannibal Holocaust or this new Dutch movie called the Human Centipede.
    i saw a preview for the human centipede and couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous it looked lol...

I liked Pet Cemetary...think it's one of my old faves too.

Is that how you spell Cemetary over there...as Semetary?

I watched the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street a few nights ago. It's ok but I don't think anything beats the originals.

Good one been released called Pirahna - supposed to be gory, lol

yeah...it's spelled "sematary" because the pet cemetery in the movie was created by children...and i guess the point was that they didn't know how to spell? lol. it's based off of a stephen king novel actually. i will always love that movie...

and the exorcist.

Quote Originally Posted by RdHrshyKss View Post
    yeah...it's spelled "sematary" because the pet cemetery in the movie was created by children...and i guess the point was that they didn't know how to spell? lol. it's based off of a stephen king novel actually. i will always love that movie...

and the exorcist.
    It's a while since I watched it, but yeah of course....duh, it's where the kids buried pets. I was thinking you maybe spelled it that way and because a few of our words are different, color and colour for instance and I think you say 'curb' where ours is 'kerb' - someone from Canada said I couldn't spell on a forum once, shows how much they knew I guess, lol
    I like Stephen King too. I liked 'Sleepwalkers' too and 'It'.

I saw Human Centipede.

That movie is probably THE most disturbing Horror Movie ever. Just.......wrong.
    Saying that, it also sucked anus. No pun intended.

My most fav horror movie would have to be something between The Ring........and The Sixth Sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RdHrshyKss View Post
    alright...i know that it's been awhile since someone posted in this thread...but this is my first time venturing into this area of the LF lol.

i don't know if anyone's mentioned this (because i didn't have time to read through the whole thread) but i sort of enjoy some of the cheesier B rated movie horrors...to watch and laugh and squirm all at the same time. and i know a lot of people are probably going to laugh...but pet sematary will always be on my list of favorite horrors. i watched it on halloween at a sleepover with one of my girlfriends when i was in middle school and it scared the bejesus out of me...that was an awesome halloween. that whole scene where the wife is dreaming about her sick sister who is hovering over in the corner and looks over her shoulder all creepy...talk about nightmares!!! loved it

watch with caution :

Very cheesy towards the end. The clip started so well and then the B grade cheesiness completely spoilt it for me. Reminded me a bit of the work of Sam Raimi, he started so well with the Evil Dead 1 and then his work went downhill into cheesy and sad oblivion (case in point: Drag me to hell).

The idea in this clip has a lot of potential, I thought the moments between 0:36 and 1:03 were very powerful and connected on a very personal level with the audience. It asks the question what would you do if you had a sister like that? But after that it failed to connect descending into "seen too many times" kinda a thing. I liked the very last couple of seconds though, when the sister's voice turns into a voice of a baby. I thought, wouldn't it be so much more powerful if this woman had a child with a spinal minangities her self and then she continued to see her sister in it? That kind of psychological horror could be very effective.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast