+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long will a guy in a relationship wait for sex?

How long will a guy in a relationship wait for sex?

Just curious guys how long if you're in a relationship would you wait for sex? And also if you're just dating a girl how long would you wait for sex?

I would wait until I felt comfortable with the guy. If I'm at all serious about the guy, I will wait. If I don't plan on sticking around long, I'll go for it and see how much fun I can get out of it.

I think it all depends on the girl, relationship and may other things.

Personally I have been in a relationship and it was 3 or 4 months before we first had sex, we had loads of dates and had seen each other a lot. However I have also slept with somebody after only a couple of weeks and a few dates.

Saying that I am not one for just having sex for the sake of having sex and as much as I think it is a big part of any relationship it is not the only thing that matters. I am willing to wait for as long as it takes if I have a connection with somebody and do it when it is right.

S

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I would wait until I felt comfortable with the guy. If I'm at all serious about the guy, I will wait. If I don't plan on sticking around long, I'll go for it and see how much fun I can get out of it.
    That makes no sense to me what so ever, sorry. you bang some random dude, but a bf you make wait? Someone who actually has shown they care about you and like you, you make wait? Are you single?

Actually, it is not as backwards as you think. Sex means a lot to me when I truly care about the person. Good sex takes time and the right chemistry. If I was really interested in getting serious with a guy, there is no point in rushing anything. I would love to take my time exploring our sexual relationship, and not ruin it by jumping into it. There are PLENTY of other fun sexual things one can do besides actual intercourse.

If I didn't care about the response I got from the guy I'd bang him and plan on never seeing him again. I don't open up emotionally to guys I simply have a sexual relationship with. Once I do open up emotionally there is a whole other level of sex that I experience, but that is reserved for guys who I plan on keeping around.

Besides, it's not about making him wait. Two people are involved in the act. A real man won't get all bent out of shape just because he doesn't get to bang me right away. If he does, then he can go f*ck himself for all I care.

And I never specified how long I would make someone wait. My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly a year and we've began having sex about a month into our relationship. This depends entirely on the chemistry of the relationship, and how the other person feels about the act. If someone wanted to wait a little while, I would respect them for that.
    Last edited by lahnnabell; 24-06-10 at 03:50 PM.

Depends. I dated a devout Christian once and she was very adamant about "no sex." Lots of heavy petting, but the bra never came off nor the panties (an area that I could not touch even thought it was "okay" for her to grind on me (ah, yeah...it was all about her).

Anyway, after 11 months...we got really close to the big event. I stopped her and said, "Hey, I don't want you to break your sexual morays. Let's stop."

Oh, she got all turned on by that...me, the heathen respecting her morality. She said that she really wanted to "****" (a big word for her, never heard her say it except that time). Anyway, she took of the bra and panties and was there all ready for me. I had my dick about an inch from her and she was laying back with her eyes closed with a smile.

That's when I said, "It really sucks to be teased, doesn't it?" And shoved Mr Happy back into my jockey shorts, pulled up my jeans and walked out.

Moral: Don't make him wait too long...and certainly don't tease him with the sex issue. Either yes or no or we wait. Be clear with him; you set the parameters and stick to them. If he doesn't like it, he'll leave. And, no loss if he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    That's when I said, "It really sucks to be teased, doesn't it?" And shoved Mr Happy back into my jockey shorts, pulled up my jeans and walked out.
    ... So so evil..... ._.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTooya View Post
    ... So so evil..... ._.
    Ah, but it was all worth it. Obviously, my action was that action of someone who wanted to break up with her, right? Guess what she does? She actually shows up at my office the next day, dressed to the nines, and says that "We aren't broken up" until she says so! That she had been mad at first, but realized that I shown myself to be "more Christian" (oh, I hate that phraseology, but there it is...) than she was. She also told me that sex wouldn't be a sin because I had a good heart and she had a good heart and so how could that be a bad thing....

I didn't stay around for the rest of her words. I was running as fast as I could!!!

With my GF it was on our 3rd date and I would easily have done it on the first date. With previous partner it was 2nd date. I don't like waiting around as I love having sex.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not very long. If I don't get laid by the third date I start looking elsewhere. I'm not spending all that money on food and entertainment just for the hell of it. I expect to get my dick wet. If I want someone to hang out with I have plenty of friends who not only pay their own way, but are far more interesting to spend time with.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

When I was in college, it was a month or so. I felt I needed to know the girl well enough before we move forward.
    Now that I am in my mid-30s, and my GF 3 years older than me, we technically shouldn't have waited as long as we did.
    Funny thing was, we both wanted to make sure we're in love before we had sex. So we waited 2.5 months.

Me? Depend on the girl. If I love her very much and care for her deeply, I will wait as long as it takes, even if I should wait until marriage. But if not, then I will ask for it and even demand it. And if I don't get it, I'll look somewhere else. At least, that what I did when I was sooo much younger

I had a lot of dates where the chemistry was not there. Most of my dates were just about "how long until sex?". Once your over 21, you want it like everyday. So I decided to date and some girls were very into me. Out of those, some girls I would sleep with but there was no chemistry so the sex sucked. When there was chemistry, I believe on our 2nd date we had sex and it was well agreeable on both of our sides and there was no regrets no matter how the terms ended in our relationship.

So usually time with chemistry will tell.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

My current relationship, we had sex on our first date. We are still together, its been about a year and a half.

How long am I willing to wait? Thats a toughy... When I was a virgin, the girl I was with wanted to wait, and so did I.. so we did everything BUT sex, and that lasted for perhaps 6 months. Now... I'd want it much sooner, but it really depends. No point in rushing the sex, is theres definite chemistry going on then sex will come when we are both ready.

@ Lahnabell:

"How long will a guy in a relationship wait for sex? "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast