+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How would you react if your gf told you she was a virgin?

"Upright" men as you put it are in short supply these days. That classification is definitely on the endangered species list.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

I hate it when people look at sex as some kind of dirty, impure thing. Carlos is putting pussy on a pedestal, as if the definition of human being means to defy your instinctual behavior. If a girl told me that she was saving her virginity for someone "special" I'd be pretty insulted, and I'd drop her like hot potato. It might sound conceited, but a girl that gets to sleep with me is a pretty lucky girl. I'm a very intimate guy and well, I enjoy women very much. My 'religion' tells me that sexual intimacy is the most important part of a relationship and to hold out on that for some self-righteous notion that virginity is some noble virtue is a logical fallacy through and through.

doppelgaenger -- i agree with you in premise. sex isn't dirty, and shouldn't be viewed that way. it's a beautiful and enjoyable thing. but at the same time, i wouldn't feel bad if someone told me they we're waiting for the right guy. just as you have your views sex within a relationships, other people have differing views too. I don't think we should hold it against them (unless it brings harm towards us or others). as for staying a virgin, i don't think it makes anyone more righteous, but i respect those who choose to do it. it's not a bad thing, and people are raised differently. at the end of the day, it helps to be with someone who shares your beliefs.

How would I react?

I would feel very protective of her after finding out she was a virgin and obviously scared/nervous. I would slow things down and make sure everything was right for both of us when the time came. I would hate myself if I found out AFTER that she was a virgin and I hadn't made it as wonderful as possible.

If a guy has not made a move in 6 months then I'd be asking myself why? Is he dead from the waist down? Does the girl not turn him on? Are they 8 years old? Are they religious nuts?

i think every guy have this dream to have a virgin gf, it's an ego booster to know she want you to be her 1st (and only one ?)
    go for it, tell him, and tell us what happened ;-)
    Meshulam.

Always remember - relationships are hard work !
    Check out my blog at http://thepromall.com/blog/

you should tell him..I wouldnt mind if my gf was a virgin I would just have to take things slowly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123