+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this girl like me?

Does this girl like me?

A couple months ago I was on the bus, and usually in the mornings there is an aid for this kid with autism. The aid had 2 daughters that had "go to your parents work day" or whatever it was called so they were on the bus for the day to see where their mom works. They were middle school students. One of them was in the 8th grade. They started getting to know everyone on the bus, which was a smaller one by the way, including myself.Then before I got to my school, the autism guy wanted one of the girls (the 8th grade one) to sit next to him. She declined, then said she wanted to sit next to me instead. She then put her arm around my waist and said something like "Oh, we are best friends, ever since kindergarten" (which was false I just met her) and started chatting with me about my school. I then heard her whisper something to her sister afterwards. It was really quiet, but it sounded like: "That guy is really cute" although I wasn't sure.

Then recently I found her facebook profile. I added her, just because, and once again she messaged me saying stuff like "omg youre my best friend!" and stuff like that. Then I look at her facebook photos and see her hanging out with a bunch of her friends and doing a bunch of stuff. I see photos of her hanging out with guys like me (all cute, and for some reason people think im handsome...) and she tags the photos with funky captions and stuff saying that he's her "best friend" and stuff like that. One even said "Best friends ever since pre-k". So it seems like either every time she meets a cute guy she will claim she's best friends with him, or this girl seems to have a lot of crushes on guys? Does this girl possibly like me? We haven't talked in like a week or so. Should I talk to her and try to get to know her more? After all, in my free time I don't really do anything besides going on the internet and chilling and stuff like that. I have a boring life and it seems like this girl has a fun life. Would it be a good idea to talk to her and hang out with her? Advice.......?

I'd just ignore it. It's water under the bridge. Women are complicated beings. She was only doing what she initially did to you for her own benefit, and was most likely talking out of sympathy for forcing you into what may be an awkward situation. I mean, sure, she might have thought you were cute, but the facebook information should have been more than enough confirmation that you were just one of many. There is a small chance she'd want you to contact her first, and if you care to, that's up to you. But I'd put my money on just letting it be water under the bridge and forget about it.

Hmm....yeah I'd agree with that somewhat. But I never do anything in my free time and my life is so boring. There's temptation....it hurts a little. Plus I overestimated the number of guys she claims she's best friends with. I only saw about 3 guys she claims she's best friends with.

Quote Originally Posted by wxdrumsftw View Post
    Hmm....yeah I'd agree with that somewhat. But I never do anything in my free time and my life is so boring. There's temptation....it hurts a little. Plus I overestimated the number of guys she claims she's best friends with. I only saw about 3 guys she claims she's best friends with.
    Well, hey, you can ask her out if you want to. But I'm guessing by your post you're only, what, 13 - 15 y/o? You've got pleeeenntttyyy of time for dating in life. Get some hobbies, do something productive. Women will come in time, and no one really knows who they are in their teen years.

Im turning 16 next month. I (almost) have no life besides school. She's either 14 or maybe almost 15 although I don't know for sure. I'm not totally interested in her, but just in case im bored I might wanna talk to her. I don't know..

Then just talk. to. her. Try to be her friend or some shit if you want to. You don't need to try and pursue every girl you meet that is willing to smile at you and look you in the eyes when you talk. Just make friends. More might come later, but just try to get to know them.

It's funny I didn't want to be her friend when I had that weird encounter but ever since then I've been sort of intrigued by her. It's weird.

She's like 13... maybe 14. You're almost 16. It's kind of sad that a junior high school girl has a more active and fun life than you. Shouldn't you find a girl closer to your own grade? At least someone that is in high school? Regardless, you need to go out and do fun shit.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Yeah but my family is sort of poor and my dad crashed his car like 6 months ago or whenever.....I don't have much access to do anything really.

Oh yeah all the girls in my school are weird or much different from the average girl, I can only name about 4 normal girls......and the guys outnumber the girls.....by a big margin.

some girls are just fun and friendly. sounds like she's like that. very social and not shy at all.
    i don't see any romantic potential from the way you described.
    Dont think anything of it. Concentrate on school. You dont need a wacky girl to mess up your grades hahahahah

Maybe she puts guys in the friend zone a lot...?
    Last edited by wxdrumsftw; 28-06-10 at 12:33 AM.

Anyone with confidence will never act like they are lonely. They will always act like they are fine with the way their life is, single or not, because THAT is attractive.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Anyone with confidence will never act like they are lonely. They will always act like they are fine with the way their life is, single or not, because THAT is attractive.
    Interesting........

Oh yeah a little update her facebook profile now claims she's married to another guy (probably around her age). I know it's not literal and it's just facebook, but the guy is writing messages on her wall saying stuff about how they already had 9 kids and what names they should give them. I didn't see her replies on his wall because it's private. IMO it's pretty weird. What do you guys think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast