+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telling your parents.

Telling your parents.

How open are you with your parents when it comes to love? Because for me, god forbid they ever find out i'm interested in someone. How about you?
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

I'm about as open as Mother Theresa's vagina.

Rod Steele

My dad and I are very close .. I dont tell him every little thing but if its substancial.. yeah .. I tell him. The thing is that my dad and my mom were divorced young. He has always been honest with me about everything .. I really love him for that.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

me and my dad dont talk much..so uhm..not too open with him. Me and my mom...eh...depends on what the topic at hand is. I would tell her if i just got in a fight with my boyfriend, or if i'm pissed at a friend. Because we discuss those things. But no i dont tell her about all the sexual things me and my boyfriend did over the weekend. And i dont ask her advice on what condoms to buy or anything. None of that

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

I'm in the middle of a serious relationship....but as far as my parents know, I couldve been single all my life, they have no idea.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Quote Originally Posted by KirstyM
    I'm in the middle of a serious relationship....but as far as my parents know, I couldve been single all my life, they have no idea.
    Hehe, same with me.

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

i am really close with my dad like jane. but i don't just come out and tell him most stuff. but i don't exactly hide it either. he usually figures it out when he figures it out. like i broke up with a very serious bf of mine about 9 months ago... he was clueless until the new guy started coming around. i just prefer my private life to be private. there are somethings a parent should just not know about their children. those things i will just never talk to him about.

I get along well with both my parents... I dont normally make a point of hiding my relationships from them...there just hasnt been anything really serious or worth telling them about so I just didnt and my past relationships never lasted very long so it didnt really matter.... Now I am in a serious relationship which I think could be the one but we're taking it slow and my parents wouldnt approve so I'm not telling them yet...
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

I didn't really tell my parents about my last b/friend - my mum met him a few times and didn't really get on with him.

Now having seen that what she thought about him was pretty bang on I think I'd appreciate my parents input (not let it run my life but take it into account)

I wouldn't let them know about arguments etc... (I think that only turns them against your guy when it isn't necessarily the guy's fault and you're giving a biased opinion anyway) only if there was a situation I wanted their opinion on.

I get along well with both my parents... I dont normally make a point of hiding my relationships from them...there just hasnt been anything really serious or worth telling them about so I just didnt and my past relationships never lasted very long so it didnt really matter.... Now I am in a serious relationship which I think could be the one but we're taking it slow and my parents wouldnt approve so I'm not telling them yet...
    Thing is with me, i think both my parent's wouldn't have any real problem with my relationships. I guess i just have a poor history of them bugging me and nagging me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by moeburn
    Thing is with me, i think both my parent's wouldn't have any real problem with my relationships. I guess i just have a poor history of them bugging me and nagging me about it.
    My parents wouldnt have had any problem with my past relationships... but they will sure as hell have a problem with this one so Im staying schtum for as long as possible.
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

i talk to my mum about stuff, not sex or anything but its great to know she's there when my heart gets broken

I don't say anything about my love life or anything to my parents.

My parents would like for me to share, I'm sure..especially my Mom, but I like to keep that stuff private as well. If I had a formal girlfriend, I'd be sure to let them know and socialize and all, but for themost part, I don't like sharing too much with the old folks..

Freddie

I am EXACTLY the same way. I have often thought if I was the only one who kept their love life to themselves, but looks like I am definitely not alone. I get along with my parents, but even though I am 22 I still don't want to hear them bugging me about details and stuff. I have talked about my recent girlfriend with my sister though and she swears not to tell the parents.

Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast