Hey guys... sorry if this ends up really long or I end up rambling, really confused about a lot of things right now...

I got together with my boyfriend 3 years ago but we split last year because of issues with his family.. im 3 years older than him (he's 19) and his family are very homophobic and they didn't approve of me at all. His mum called me a paedophile and his uncle and auntie both accused me of grooming him (yes, seriously) they were all really, really against me and him. He doesn't care so much about what his parents think because they're both really spiteful, nasty people but his grandparents mean the world to him and I know they're dead against me as well... his mum told his whole family that we'd had underage sex 2 years ago and even tried reporting me to the police over it... we'd done no such thing as the police eventually agreed with me over but she did a lot of damage with those allegations, his entire family know about it and hate me because of it. he got depressed over his family bullying him about it and we ended up splitting up over it.

Then I started talking to him again back in February and we started seeing each other again.I used to really get on with his parents and his family until he came out to them now I'm just the guy who tricked their son into thinking he was gay and I thought over time they might have started to accept it but I don't think they have. I love him so much.. a couple of nights ago he told his mum he was seeing me again and she seemed to be okay with it... she said she didn't approve of me but now he was 18 she was willing to accept it and as long as I didn't go around there then it was okay and she was asking how I was doing and stuff. But now she seems to have forgotten that and has started being a total nightmare about it again, telling him she thought he had more respect for his family than to start seeing me again.

Now I've always believed that I can see who I want and if the family don't approve then tough especially when they have no reason to hate me.. but I really don't want him to fall out with his family again. I love him so much and I'd do absolutely anything for him but I don't want him to fall out with his family. I have no respect for any of them... they judged me because of my sexuality and even reported me to the police to try and split us up when they knew full well we'd done nothing wrong. I'd be civil to them for his sake but there's no way i'll ever forget what they did and what they called me. He's been telling his friends how scared he is of losing me again.. he promised me he's a lot stronger mentally now and will stand up to his family about it but he's also said to his friends that he knows what happened last time is in the back of my mind, when he got totally bullied by his family into dumping me and had depression for 6 months.

I guess what I'm trying to say is is it worth fighting his family over this? I love him and he loves me and I wanna try and be together with him properly again but his family will never accept me. This doesn't bother me, I will never accept them as my family either but I'm very much bothered about how this would affect my boyfriend. I'd do anything to make him happy.. absolutely anything and if that means leaving him so he can find someone who his family approve of then i'd do that if it means he doesn't get belittled by his family again. I just wish they didn't hate me so much, I was always polite to them and I've always looked after him... just doesn't seem fair at all. I'd fight it but I'm so scared of his depression coming back and me fighting them and them winning again

thanks x