+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Low Self Esteem

Low Self Esteem

Hi,

I used to suffer from low self esteem years ago, but mostly got over it until recently when I started seeing a girl, who in my honest opinion - is the most amazing, intelligent, beautiful girl in the world. She gets guys hitting on her all the time, but I don't feel insecure because she is incredibly trustworthy, knocks all the guys back, and tells me everything with total honesty.

The problem is I just start feel really crap about myself. It's mostly physical. There's no 6-pack in sight for eg. I ask her things like: "what underwear do you think guys look sexy in", so that maybe if I was wearing them I could feel better, but all she ever says is that I look hot in everything. Obviously she tries to make me feel good about myself, but doesn't realise that she's not helping at all.

I feel crap.

Any advice?

its gotta come from within-she can never say the right thing. i know bc i am kinda the same way. i'm better now though. spend time on yourself, dress nice, and do whatever you can to feel good about yourself and maybe it will come. good luck.

I'm not certain what to suggest, however the fact that I had a caring and loyal friend who was being very supportive would put me on the way to feeling better. You seem to trust her judgement; try talking to her about how you feel and see if you can both arrive at a viable solution.

I guess one problem is that I think she just loves me for me, so to speak. Haha I know I'm meant to be happy about that, but that just allows me to think she's probably not attracted to me physically. Her compliments to me are so general, it doesn't seem real. Like she just says nice things because she's my girlfriend.

I know I should be happy. I guess the thing is that she's like a goddess to me, and I find it hard to think she is in awe of me the same way. As a guy, unless you have a body like a male model, how do you feel like you turn her on as much as she turns me on?