+ Follow This Topic

Thread: From a Girl's point of view...

From a Girl's point of view...

Hi, this girl i met few years ago that i liked, knows that like her and i'm told she likes me.

However since we met(over two years ago) she has had a few boyfriends in this time and hence she's lost interest in me, maybe she did anyway regardless of the boyfriends.

What i'm trying to ask is, are a Girls first impressions important.. ie can they last long-term or is it highly likely over a period of time, they can simply lose interest in the person they used to like?

Would be greatly for any responses.thanks

FigherGirl Guest
    I think so. I can't speak for all women, but a first impression really sticks with me. I can almost remember what I first thought of anyone that I currently know. Although sometimes those first impressions are inaccurate, if I don't ever run into this person again or have some time in a different setting with this person for a long time, that first impression really sticks. I'd say go out on a limb and ask her out. Or at least try and talk to her for a while. But make sure you aren't acting like someone you are not. The best thing you can do is be yourself, because if she liked you then, she may like you now (as long as you are the same person)

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I remmeber first impressions but if she hasn't shown any interest for while it means she has since moved on.

I've liked plenty of guys over the years. If they don't step up I lose interest. Right now I'm thinking of two guys in particular that I was CRAZY about. I used to write the forum for advice about them all the time. Now, I could care less if I ever see them again.

So, to answer your question, for some first impressions are important, for others (like myself) follow through is everything.

I've known my current bf for years. I don't even remember the moment we first met. I wasn't that interested. But he was persistent and confident and 3 years later I'm a smitten kitten.

^Same for me. I lose interest pretty quickly and if they don't step up. And once I lose interest, I don't tend to regain it.

My longest relationships were with men I hadn't been 'that' interested in, to start off with.

Thanks for the responses people, much appreciated.

It's a bit of a strange situation because i've liked her for years but as i say she had only heard about me, not actually seen me, but when she did see me i think she was impressed because she kept smiling, playing with her hair and her face lit up... I know that sounds so big headed me saying that but that is really how she reacted and her friend also told me a month or so after she met me that she liked me.
    A month or two later she was dating this other guy altho it wasn't really a serious r'sip but when we were both in the same club, in the corner of my eye i say her stop and stare and me and she was smiling at me. Again i hope i'm not coming across as someone who thinks he's gods gift because i really dont lol, but i wasn't imaging all this.

A few months later she had this other boyfriend and it became more of a serious r'ship than the one before and this is where i think i lost her interest, she stopped drawing any attention to me when i saw her, and overall i just got the impression she was no longer interested in me, obviously being in a serious r'ship that should be the case but maybe her feelings weren't as strong as i initially thought.
    About 6 months passed and i did see her again looking at me and drawing more attention to me but it wasn't a obvious as when she initially liked me.

It's a really shit situation because i've never liked a girl so much as i like her, knowing that she liked me, albeit maybe only for a short period of time is a real kick in the nuts.
    Now when i see her with her BF, it kills me inside, i know that sounds pathetic because she's not my ex or anything but i can't help it.

What should i do?
    Last edited by Timmy23; 27-06-10 at 12:15 AM.

You should have made a move several times already. You can attempt to ask her out and see if she's into you enough to get rid of her current boyfriend. However, I probably wouldn't take a chance on someone I found to be so flaky (i.e. you passing up multiple chances to ask her out). Then again, I also pursue guys that I'm interested in. She's obviously not this aggressive and expects to be chased a bit more than myself.

You're probably worried about being rejected. But even if you get rejected at least you know where you stand and you can move on from her. Next time, don't take your sweet ass time. The really good girls always have options, so unless your some sort of god, she's not going to put her life hold on while you get it together.