+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Liking someone for a second time?

Liking someone for a second time?

I'm sure I can't be the only person this has happened to.
    But, basically, when I first met this girl, I liked her and I told her quite early on in meeting her and got turned down. But then we became really good friends and have known each other for a couple of years now. But now, I like her again, our friendship has made me like her even more than when I first met her. I never really got over her, I just suppressed it I think. Is it possible that things could have changed on her part and maybe just maybe she likes me. It's hard to tell with her, she is a bit flirtatious.

Anyway, would like to hear other people's stories about this sort of matter.
    Cheers, Shylove.

Your best bet is to start seeing other girls, talking about other girls, showing an interest in other girls and you might get some idea of her feelings.

Also what you could try is to investigate through common friends whether she is interested in someone at the mo or even her feelings for you...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm thinking my best bet is the top one though it doesn't really feel right seeing other girls. She is quite reserved about telling people who she likes though she just turned down this one guy.
    However, she did mention that one of my friends (whom she didn't know) was cute so that was a bit of negative feedback in my mind.

ASK HER OUT. you dont know until you ask

and best of luck if you do ask ♥

Don't date other girls! Just watch a movie together one night and ask her if she wants to cuddle with a silly grin. See what happens from there. You should be able to get a feel for whether she is interested in you or not. She may be mentioning your friend because she wanted to gauge your reaction or she just thinks that it doesn't matter to you because you haven't made your feelings obvious to her.

you should tell her about your feeling and other things leave on God.
    best of luck.

Thanks for all the responses guys
    Either way I've gotta find out because it's driving me nuts.
    If it ruins the friendship then I guess that's life?

I still haven't asked her.
    I went on holidays with my family for 2weeks and pretty much every day I was thinking about her.
    I am at the point where my heart is saying yes and my heads saying no if you know what I mean.
    I'm very annoyed at myself.

You've just got to ask her about it.

I'm not saying feelings can't change, but from my own personal experience, if I turned a guy down once, I'm likely to turn him down again. I'm not saying this to hinder you putting yourself out there by any means-- but I've had guy friends who have liked me who I've turned down & continued being friends with them.. and really, that's all I see them as-- friends.

But for you to get some sort of closure on the situation, you should probably ask her about her feelings.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Thats pretty much what I figure though there is that 0.05% that says maybe you know.
    Things have got extremely interesting. There was this guy that really liked her and she didnt like him and being as shy as she is (super), she didn't want to say outright that she didn't like him so she sorta just alluded to the idea that she just wanted to be friends. Anyway, he kept pursuing her and it became crunch time where she had to tell him. She pretty much talked to me for advice on what to say. She ended up opening right up to him and telling him that she has always avoided relationships whenever they come up in any form and that she didn't know why this was.
    I didn't really know this so I asked her if that was true and she said that it was. However, this prompted a theory to come straight into my head.

She has been best friends with a gay guy for pretty much all of her teenage life. We are now 18. I am friends with him too, he's one of my good friends. However, I've observed the way she acts towards him compared to anyone else and she truly does treat him a bit like a boyfriend. They had all the same classes in high school and spent most of their time together. My theory goes that she avoids relationships because she feels it is going to end her "friendship" with her best friend OR severely change it. Maybe subconsciously she loves him like a boyfriend.

Anyway, things just got bizzar. My game plan is to go along for the ride and play it by ear so to speak.
    I will be sure to keep people updated on this forum because I pretty much can't talk to anyone else I know about this.