+ Follow This Topic

Thread: saying the three little words

saying the three little words

ok here is the story: i have been hooking up with this girl exclusively since february and we put the bf/gf label on things a little over 2 months ago...long story short, we were talking and she asked me if there was anything i didn't think i could tell her and i said yes (shoulda kept my mouth shut!)...well she wouldn't get off my back about it until i told her...so after a while i sat her down and told her that i loved her and that is what i wanted to tell her that i didn't feel i could...the reason i didn't feel that i could is because i didn't know how she would react...i know she is not good with things like this and i didn't wanna freak her out...

well when i told her that it was complete silence...she just looked at me and then we started kissing and everything like normal but she didn't say anything to me about it again for the rest of the night...i mean we went to bed and had great sex (it's always good but this was the best in a while) and it's like it never happened i guess...

girls wtf does this mean? did i freak her out? should i say something about it? help me please, this girl means the world to me

maybe she is thinking about it. you said she is not good with things like this well im thinking thats what the problem is, but this is all speculation on my part.
    my best advice is talk to her about this and ask her how she feels. you need to communicate.
    communication is key!!! blue

god i can't communicate for anything...it is something i definitely need to work on...we'll see what happens today i guess

i agree with blue. she is probably just thinking it over. letting it sink in. the fact that you went to bed with her that night and she still acted normal leads me to believe that you didn't scare her off. just let us know what happens today and we will take it from there. maybe she will come back to you today and be like i love you too! u never know. just keep us posted and we will help ya out!

yes i will let you guys know what happens...

Yeah she's probably just thinking it over or maybe unsure of how to react to that...if she started kissing you after though that's a good sign...you either need to be patient and wait and see or talk to her...
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

I say what you tell her is, "Well, you know how I feel. But I'm not going to pressure you to say it back to me. So whenever you feel like you're ready to, go ahead. But don't worry about it in the meantime." and just go about life.

Rod Steele

sfalexi, that was exactly what i was going to tell her! well i went to see her at lunch and when i was leaving she said she wanted to talk to me when i came over tonight...so i will keep you guys updated...thanks for all the replies so far

well we sat down and talked about it yesterday...basically told me she has never told anyone that outside of her family before and that is why she didn't want to say anything right away and look like i influenced her to say it...i am glad she took the time to think about it and what it means and sit me down and talk about it...she told me she does love me...i know this whole thing is new to her because she has only had about 3 "boyfriends" and her longest relationship before me was only 3 months and we have been "together" going on 9 months so this is all new to her...so all is good and i don't feel like an idiot...thanks for your guys' replies and suggestions!