+ Follow This Topic

Thread: half of me says run from her! while the other half screams at me to stay by her

half of me says run from her! while the other half screams at me to stay by her

Hello there, i am seeking relationship advice i have been talking to a girl now since December. at first we would go on small dates not spending much time together and talking on the phone from time to time. At first i was not really attracted to her,but i continued just to see where it would go. in late April she asked me how i felt about her and told me that she really liked me. I told her that i liked her as well but was not ready for a relationship yet but that i would like to see her more often and get to know her better, she agreed that it was the best idea. since then we have seen each other about twice a week and talk regularly through the week. i have slowly became quite fond of the girl we seem to have good chemistry between us.a few days ago we had a conversation about our relationship i asked her how she felt about it and if she was ready to "officially" start dating. she told me that she felt that we clicked well with one another and that she felt good chemistry between us however she said the her last relationship that lasted three years started as being best friends and that she wants us to become closer before it gets serious. i acted fine with it but was honestly troubled i am not sure if she is leading me on or what? i talked to some very close mutual friends of ours, they informed me that i should trust her that she is not the kind of girl who would betray some one or lead someone on. they think very highly of her. i trust them a good bit as they have been my closest friends for many year. we actually met through them. also she has been talking about joining the army for sometime now, i really don't want her to join but i have said nothing about it. half of me says run from her! while the other half screams at me to stay by her. i am very unsure of what to do and it has been bothering me (badly) i am really don't feel that i should spill my guts to her,because i was always told that women cant chase men that dont run away. so please send me some advice!

Follow your heart, and don't hold back. Any women that wouldn't be interested in you because you're not "running" isn't worth your time anyway. Sounds like this is a cool girl you can be happy with, so what's stopping you?

i am really don't feel that i should spill my guts to her,because i was always told that women cant chase men that dont run away.
    So the 'thrill of the chase' would be gone and if you spill your guts huh?

Think you got the roles confused....it tends to be man who chases, not the woman.

You have been talking since December, it is now nearly July....that is several months of getting to know each other and she still asks for time to get to know you? I don't think she is 'that' interested in anything serious with you and a reason for that could be because she fully intends to join the army, hence she doesn't want to get too close. I could be wrong though....her interest may just not be that huge.