+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she like me?, should i pursue this?

Does she like me?, should i pursue this?

The other day I went for a night out with some friends. One of these friends is a girl I used to work with and have known for a few years. I really like her. I think she knows I like her to. But because she has a boyfriend she's never really mentioned anything. But the night we went out she was constantly phoning and texting me asking where I was because I didn't meet up with her straight away. When I did meet up with her she wouldn't let me go out of her sight, for instance if my male friend wanted to go to another club she would try and stop me from going. At one point I went outside of a club and wasn't allowed back in beacuse of the time and she text me saying tell them that my girlfriend is in there, as in her being my girlfriend. Later on that night she phoned and text me saying she wanted to talk to me about something. If was in reference to text I had sent her earlier that day. I text "I hope you dress up nice for me tonight". She was asking me what i meant by that and kept pressing for an answer over the phone. I didn't know if I should tell her but she hung up. Then I recieved a text message from her asking if I cared about her but I didn't reply. She had had a few drinks that night, I asked her the next day if she could remember everything about the night before and and about phoning and texting me and she said yes.

Are these signs shes interested?, should I bring this subject up when she is sober?, I would like to because its really hanging over my head.

Thanks

Sounds to me that she is looking for some 'positive' sign that you really do like her. Like this wanting an answer in regard to what you had said about her dressing up nice and then the 'Do you care for me'? Why didn't you reply? It's possible that she may read your lack of reply, as a 'not that interested'. She will feel foolish for asking that and having recieved no reply, so could start to avoid you and unless you make your intentions a lot more clear to her.

Same time she has a bf. If you don't wish to become part of a love triangle, then I'd advise you to not go any further with her and until she ends things with him.

i didn't answer because she has a boyfriend but i do feel strongly towards so maybe i should. Also i went to a social gathering the next day and she was there. Her bodylanguage indicated that she felt uncomfortable, so did i. She didn't look at ma and we didn't speak to each other. I will ask her what she meant by "do i have feelings for her" and how will my answer determine things.

So you didn't reply and because she has a bf, yet the fact she has a bf didn't stop you from saying 'I hope you dress up nice for me to tonight'....which could be considered an inappropiate thing to say to someone with a bf. You are sending 'mixed' messages to her and there is nothing worse than having to figure out these 'mixed' messages.

I think when drink is in, common sense tends to go out of the window and it could be a case of she is now regretting what she did/said, or feeling stupid.

Guess you won't know and until you are in a situation where you talk again.

i suppose i have been giving her mixed messages, was she saying al of those things because she is interested in me?
    what would you do in my situation?

also i think she may be teasing me because she teases alot of guys when shes drunk, so i was probably an easy target because she knows i like her.

Quote Originally Posted by eurtevol1 View Post
    i suppose i have been giving her mixed messages, was she saying al of those things because she is interested in me?
    Appears to me she is fishing and because of interest but who knows? She could be a female who gets off on simply leading men on. Something I've never done and I don't understand why people do it to be honest. Maybe insecure people are more prone to it, looking for attention and all that to feel good about themselves.

Also she had been drinking and drink can give people the courage to spill true feelings, or talk shite...lol and things can often be said that people will regret the next day.

what would you do in my situation?
    I'd play it cool and because she may not be being serious and may have been just having a laugh. I'd await her contacting me or speaking to me again I think.

I know she is a tease because she leads guys on in clubs then pushes them away. What i dont get is why she would want to play me so much, at the end of the night she said "did i dress good enough for you then?" and she kept introducing me to the many people she knew that were out.

Thanks for replying to my post.

This situation is still on going and would like your views on what has happened recently.

I asked this girl why she sent the text and she said that she was curious but didn't want to know my answer.
    We've been very flirty together since, shes said things that ive never heard her say before that are very sexual.
    I asked her out and she was initially interested but eventually said her bf wouldn't be happy. Then i found out that she was thinking about coming out with me and not telling her bf because he's over protective.
    This girl had a doctors apointment and i phoned her later on to see if things were ok. No answer. Then i get a text from her bf saying stop pestering my girlfriend your pissing me off. I saw the girl the next day and she said not to worry about it because her bf is like that.
    Only the other day i got another text from her bf saying the same thing. I dont pester her at all i only text her when shes gone to an event or sumfin which doesn't happen often. Anyway this girl and her bf had a massive row because of it and she ended up crying.
    Again i saw her the next day and said i need to apolgies to her and she said its ok it doesn't matter.
    I just don't know where i stand with her.

Thanks