+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I Lie about my age?

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I don't believe you. It sounds like you don't really like her, think that you are more mature and better than her and see her as completely unfair and below you. I think you should probably stay away from her for both of your sakes.
    Right......

Well excuse my french, but frankly thats a load of bollocks

Well first, I in no way see her as "beneath me", in fact it's quite the opposite, I'm constantly having to convince myself that i'm good enough for her, I don't "see her as unfair" in fact, i'm not sure what that even means.

People here can choose to believe or not to believe that I am mature for my age or not, but I think it's rather unproductive since you are never going to find out if that's true or not, are you? Surely it makes more sense to just take what I say as the truth and answer the question?

I can assure you that I care deeply and have a lot of respect for this woman, I am willing to resort to anything to have a good relationship with her.

I just don't think I should tell the truth, I feel it would affect her opinion of me in a bad way.

I'm not going to make a snap judgement though,

How is lying to her about something that (very clearly) may bother her beneficial to cultivating a good relationship? Lying, even just once, perpetuates the cycle. If she finds out you lied about your age, she may wonder what else you've lied about. I know I would. I despise lies in any form.

If she has a tendency to dismiss men because of their age, that is rather shallow. Or perhaps she had a bad relationship with a younger guy and has decided that it may have to do with age. Either way, you won't know any of this is you try to maintain the lie.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I wish I had a nickel for every person that's come on this forum and claimed to be way more mature than others of their age group.
    Me too hon, I'd be filthy rich. I've heard it well over a thousand times and when some younger guy in his early 20's has aimed to 'convince' me that age doesn't matter and to get his own way with me. Then I get the 'narrow minded' speech and because my preference is for my own age group/older guys...lol. I am anything but 'narrow minded' . I have been involved with men from differing religions, cultures, etc, so I'm hardly 'narrow minded'. Quite simply, I know what I want and what I don't want. And if that makes me narrow minded...so be it. I will remain narrow minded.

I guess all the younger females who prefer the experienced, older, mature guy to their own age groups are all narrow minded too. Quite simply, some of the younger generation of females recognise that older men can be more relied upon and are more likely to be looking for serious and long term...most younger guys in their early 20's are not.

And to the OP, so you are going to lie to her. That tells me in itself that you are NOT serious about her, else you would be honest with her and would want to be honest with her. If you were thinking 'long term' with her, you wouldn't 'lie' and because you would have the common sense to know that one day this lie is going to come back and bite you in the ass!

You are lying and to simply get what you can from her and when you can.

Then you claim to be mature!! But you are not handling this, in a very mature way are you and in your choosing to lie.

No offense man, but this is the kind of post I'd expect a teenage girl to make on here. Lying about your age is a bit of an immature thing to do, and what do you think that will do to your credibility? Yeah, it will shrivel up like a limp spaghetti noodle.

She's already seeing you, so what the hell does it matter? If you were trying to ask her out, that would be a different story. No, tell her that you're in your early 20s and that you've never dated a woman as beautiful and as mature as she is. If you have the balls, you might even go so far to say that you considered lying about your age after what she told her friend. You probably won't go that far, but brutal honesty will show her that you mean business.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    No, tell her that you're in your early 20s and that you've never dated a woman as beautiful and as mature as she is.
    This is why you've only had sex with two people.

Quote Originally Posted by hurt_confuzd View Post
    This is why you've only had sex with two people.
    Sure it is.

*A year into the future*

"Hey honey, excited about your birthday coming up?"
    "Hell yeah, big 24"
    "What?!"
    "Oh shi--"

If you were mature, you'd handle the truth about your age in an honest way, since you'd have the wisdom to know there really isn't any other way.

Reach down deep... locate your balls... and tell the truth.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

I don't think it's good to lie. sooner or later she will found out and then there will be much more problems. if she likes you , age doesn't matter!

Lying is immature.

Having somebody be with you on the back of a lie is unfair and selfish.

If you really like her for a Long Term thing, don't lie because you won't be able to hide this lie that long.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
    This woman I am seeing is 30 years old, and she was laughing to her friend that a 25 year old guy had approached her about going out, and she knocked him back and told him "this ain't couger town" I was quite confused as 5 years isn't too big a gap.

Anyway, she never asked my age yet, but obviously she will at some point, right now I think i'm just gonna say 28, because otherwise she will probably knock me back because of her age hang up.
    Infern0------So she had that conversation with her friend. So what. You're worried that it applies to you as well. However, she has not rejected you yet.

Sometimes a woman won't ask your age, because they don't want to know.

[If the subject does crop up, then tell her your real age].

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
    Right......

Well excuse my french, but frankly thats a load of bollocks

Well first, I in no way see her as "beneath me", in fact it's quite the opposite, I'm constantly having to convince myself that i'm good enough for her, I don't "see her as unfair" in fact, i'm not sure what that even means.

People here can choose to believe or not to believe that I am mature for my age or not, but I think it's rather unproductive since you are never going to find out if that's true or not, are you? Surely it makes more sense to just take what I say as the truth and answer the question?

I can assure you that I care deeply and have a lot of respect for this woman, I am willing to resort to anything to have a good relationship with her.

I just don't think I should tell the truth, I feel it would affect her opinion of me in a bad way.

I'm not going to make a snap judgement though,
    Whenever, and I mean WHENEVER, a guy needs to argue that he's more mature than everyone else thinks you can rest assured that guy has got a lot of growing left to do.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

If you are serious about dating her it's certainly better to say the truth. Or you will get big, big problems when she catches you.

If you want just a quick sex from her then maybe (maybe!) you can lie...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    if you only want to get into her pants then lie your ass off. however, if you want something more long term, then test your fate and tell her the truth.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12