+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confidence

Confidence

Hi I have never had much confidence ever but through college and the start of uni i started to get some and felt great about it. However the past year has left me feeling quite down and lacking in confidence after the group of friends i have always had left me and my best friend behind. Suddenly we never invited to anything anymore and we never knew why, when we asked about it they said we never went out anyway, but that wasn't true we were out often and always had a laugh together.They have totally changed and its made worse as my best friend now has a job that means she works all shifts and i don't see her a lot. Now i am left feeling quite lonely and i really want to try and get my confidence back, so question is: do you any advice on how to get a confidence boost?
    I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Juat keep on reminding yourself that nobody on this planet and despite what they have got/what they do, is any better than you are.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get yourself out into the world. You don't need anyone else there and to hold your hand.

Or do something that brings an instant 'feel good' feeling. A french manicure does it for me.... lol

I have always found that close friendships are more fulfilling than being in a group. If your group have left you, they have probably done you a favor, who wants friends like that? Your friend has a new job and I understand that leaves a lot of time to yourself. Use it just as that! Remind yourself what you enjoy. Dancing in front of the mirror to my favorite tunes is one of my favourites! and one that is definitely best done alone Appreciate your time and concentrate on what you have achieved! Its great that you found confidence at uni, remember that this is the real you! We all have quiet spots in our social lives- so don't worry, and keep doing what you are doing- growing!

i dont understand your problem, so you need friends to feel good about yourself??? why? (maybe its a female thing, i dont know) just because you lost some friends, surely that did not change who you are - to be honest i never understood the concept of "confidence", if you are generally confident in life, i find normally these people have an inflated image of themselves and could do with being knocked down a peg or three, i understand being confident at a specific thing (eg sport, work, school ), but being generally confident in my opinion doesnt make sense, what exactly are you supposed to be confident at?? breathing??

if you are lonely (which is a separate issue from confidence...i think), you could always attend a social club and try to make friends that way, join a gym or dancing class or something - you are at uni, so i am sure there are alot of activities available to you, from a male's point of view, i would say you have to toughen up and stop letting people dictate your life, just my two cents

I totally agree with returnofthezro. Loneliness is a different thing. Make yourself busy. There are a lot of things you can do. Nobody should let you feel that you are inferior.