+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texting First.

I used to think that *showing interest* was to ask out/make first move/start conversation,ect first. Basically because after getting NO attention from any guy for years, I was bored with it. I didn't realise that guys actually like it when you flirt with them! No wonder I wasn't paid attention to!

Sounds daft? If a guy you like has came to chat with you, it's gonna be exciting for him to see you with a big smile on your face the whole time, and you paying attention to him, keeping a good(but not scary) amount of eye contact and perhaps leaning in a little bit or touching his arm while he talks, sounding happy at what he says, ect. I didn't realise those things would be effective, til I thought of the opposite action. Looking depressed/bored, not really looking at them, keeping your distance, avoiding touch, not saying much in a dull tone of voice....for me that's when I realised how much stuff like initiating conversations and things didn't matter(men should be encouraged to do that stuff anyways!) I don't like dragging up the courage to call a guy, especially when they don't feel like talking. It feels a lot more fun just to be perky and flirty with a guy! lol.

So yeah, while it might seem that you're not interested if you don't call first or text first or start the conversation (though I guess you WOULD say hi to them in the street or something), it isn't if you flirt with them when you do have contact with them.

Damn I sound like the flirt ambassador or something.

Sooo funny story, someone got made at me cause I never initiate conversation. heh. Guess I should listen to some of you guys more.

The way I see, I think the guy should probably text first and whatever, (just because, that's kind of the thing I've been brought up to think by), but after a little while, it should be 50/50 I think. And that's not just texting, but for anything else, because you're both in the relationship together, as one, so it should shared, but that's what I think...
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKNOWN
    When I saw you I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

The way I see it is, generally, if you are thinking about the person and really want to talk to them then you should just send a text to them rather than waiting around for them to text you first instead.
    Although, of course who wouldn't want to know and feel that a guy was thinking of you since he was the one that initiated the conversation?
    And I'll be honest, I like to wait for my boyfriend to text me first every day but then there have been times where I have tortured myself waiting because I just wanted to talk to him but started growing impatient. For the majority of the texts that are sent between my boyfriend and I they are usually initiated by him. But, there have been a few times where I initiated the texting and I can tell that he was flattered or excited that I did because he enthusiastically replied.
    Basically, everyone likes and wants to feel wanted by someone else so it shouldn't really be expected as to who should text first. If you really care about someone and really want to talk to them then there's nothing wrong with sending the first text. I am sure every once in a while a guy would be flattered to know that someone was thinking of them first just like we like to know they were thinking of us. It can be a bit reassuring for a guy too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12