+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want a baby

Want a baby

Hello everyone,

my partner already has a 4 yr old son he don't see no fault of his own, long story, but when we first got togetehr he made a big deal into not wanting anymore children and i accepted that, over the months i wanted children more and more.
    i had a pregnancy scare last month becuase we keep having unprotected sex, when i told him he knew it was upon us and didnt seem to mind, he still says he dont want children.
    i think that he's only saying this now because he made such a fuss of it at the beginning how can i get him to tell me his real feelings?
    if he didnt want children with me why does he allow us to have unprotected sex even when i stop him before we start to put something on, he says don't worry..... and also arrr's at baby clothes when we out shopping and stuff my head just so confused can anyone help ??

Talk to him and ask if his views have changed about any more children. Why would he have unprotected sex with you when the outcome could be a baby if he is so against it?
    I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Well I say 'ahhh' at baby clothes, doesn't mean I want another, lol.

Sounds to me that even though he may not want them, he wouldn't be bothered and if you did fall pregnant.

I think it would be more sensible, for you to taking contraception to honest and especially when he stated he doesn't want kids.

Some guys can be irresponsible about these matters.

They know they can walk away easily and if the worst happens. The woman doesn't escape the consequence of unprotected sex.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd be worried about getting knocked up by someone so irresponsible. YOU should be, too. Does the idea of being a single parent somehow seem attractive to you?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Why would you have unprotected sex with someone who has clearly stated that he doesn't want any more kids? That's a recipe for unhappiness.

He's irresponsible about this because it's not HIS body that would get pregnant. He's being selfish. You're being dumb about this. Stop it.
    Spammer Spanker

If he doesn't see the one child he has already and doesn't want anymore what makes you think the child you have with him would be any different? Bring a child into this world where its wanted by both parents.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Agree with the rest. If he has 1 kid that he doesn't see, what makes you so special that he wouldn't dump you, not support you & not see his child if you got pregnant.

Unprotected sex these days with all the different contraceptives for men & women is just plain stupid as hell on BOTH people.

If you want to have a kid and he doesn't want another kid, then you are in the wrong relationship. Find somebody with compatible goals and plans.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

hey everyone, thankyou for opinions very useful and imformative, i put this post up yesterday and last night i decided was the night i would speak to him, it couldn't of gone any better, i didnt even suspect a thing but now i am engaged and we are trying for a baby. i knew his feelings on the subject but i asked him upfront anyway and he said exactly what i thought he'd say 'i made such a fuss' so he had been planning to propose to me first so that this time he showing his commitment and now were going to try for a baby, both of us wanting one.
    i'm so happy an couldn't ask for anything more.

his other child was moved 200 miles away and she wont let my partner have access he is going through courts atm i know he will fight for his children and this is what we both want.

so thanks everyone ur words are helpful but not going to throw me off. also i will never be a single mum with my family around

I'd be sensible enough to get the ring first

haha!!! doing it this weekend i'm 10 steps ahead lol

^^Excellent lol

I also don't understand ur partner. He already has a son, does he not know about safer sex?! Did you talk to him anymore? I mean, not wanting a baby but keeps having unprotected sex is kinda..strange

ye si spoke to him thanks and he said he does want children with me but he couldnt tell me after he made such a fuss so he showed me instead lol and its fine now thanks anyway x

Hey congrats to you !!! Wish you both and the babys and ur step son all the best!^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast