+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fitness Advice Available If Needed!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I find scheduling is the most difficult thing. If I don't haul my ass out of bed at 6am for a run on the treadmill thats it. I am too tired by the time I get home to exercise.

I used to try to duck out for a lunch class but my work kept getting in the way. That, and I felt self-conscious with the staff seeing me go workout in the middle of the day.

Thoughts?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    That, and I felt self-conscious with the staff seeing me go workout in the middle of the day.
    People seldom have a genuine, legitimate reason to be self-conscious about something.

But you...

I got up with a terrible terrible cramp on my leg which prompted me to seek some form of excercise pronto! I don't like excercise in general though. Never enjoyed a gym except sauna. lol.

I run an online shop so spend 10+ hours in front of computer every day and drink loads of coffee which I am trying to cut down. I am one of those people who never put on weight no matter how much I eat. And I eat a lot. I look healthy but I know I am not

I am considering to invest either in a treadmil or a bike. I used to do both in the gym albeit not very often. Or any other indoor excercise kit to keep me fit.

What would you recommend? I am also looking for some tennis or badminton activities in the area. I used to play both. I can't think of anything else. I can't swim Don't like running. The glaring sun annoys me and speeds up aging my skin. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    If I don't want to do anything, but need to get some circulation going (I have poor circulation in my feet), I look to my guy for a good rubdown.
    Heh heh. When I get that going at home, it turns into a full-body massage with full release.

I used to try to duck out for a lunch class but my work kept getting in the way. That, and I felt self-conscious with the staff seeing me go workout in the middle of the day.

Thoughts?
    Think of it as leading by example. Their lazy asses should be exercising too.

Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    I run an online shop so spend 10+ hours in front of computer every day and drink loads of coffee which I am trying to cut down.

I am considering to invest either in a treadmil or a bike. I used to do both in the gym albeit not very often. Or any other indoor excercise kit to keep me fit.
    Check this thing out:

[url=http://www.steelcase.com/en/products/category/tables/adjustable/walkstation/pages/overview.aspx]Walkstation | Height-Adjustable | Tables | Category | Products | Steelcase[/url]

I went swimming. Hated it. Going again tomorrow. I just have to suck it up and deal with it. I hate the chlorine.
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Check this thing out:

[url=http://www.steelcase.com/en/products/category/tables/adjustable/walkstation/pages/overview.aspx]Walkstation | Height-Adjustable | Tables | Category | Products | Steelcase[/url]
    That's just wrong. For work anyway. I need my blood going to my brain when I'm working. It would be great in libraries, tho.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I felt self-conscious with the staff seeing me go workout in the middle of the day.

Thoughts?
    You can't live your life being worried about what other people might think of you or what you're doing.. You just need to be confident and believe in yourself. They may think it's strange because they're just totally lazy and don't have the discipline to go out and exercise in their lunch break and would instead prefer to sit on their asses It's only the dedicated people who go out on their lunch breaks to train and I don't believe in someone saying they don't have enough time to workout. If someone has a favourite tv program they like to watch they always make time in their day to watch it so the same goes with exercise. If you truly want to do it you will make the time for it whether it involves getting up a little earlier or exercising after work.
    You never know what you've got, until it's gone...

Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    I am one of those people who never put on weight no matter how much I eat. And I eat a lot. I look healthy but I know I am not
    You must have a high metabolism if you don't put on weight easily but don't let this fool you into thinking that you can eat whatever you want and it won't affect you. Alot of people make this mistake because what they eat doesn't seem to be affecting them on the outside but they can't see how it affects them on the inside such as all the saturated fat that can clog up arteries and can lead to heart attacks etc..

Exercising on a machine such a treadmill or bike can get very monotonous as you'll be doing the same thing everyday, always looking at the same things while exercising. This is why I prefer to exercise outside when I do cardio as the surroundings are always changing. Also it would be a good idea to try and join an activity group like the badminton that you mentioned. With other people there it will give a sense of competition and you won't have the feeling to slack off that you may have if you were working out on your own because you know or atleast think that other people are watching you and ofcourse it's a much more fun way of staying in shape

Hey thanks for offering the help!

First of all, despite my name I am a man, so lets just get past that.

I've recently lost 24lbs (was at 25-28% body fat before, down to 3 abs popping through lol... almost there) and slapped on a ton of muscle mass in the last two months and the fitness journey continues but I need some advice... (I used to be an athlete, relationship made me fat and lazy and I'm getting back to where I was, so I think a lot of muscles are just coming out of remission or something haha)

Anyways, I am getting back into kickboxing shortly, but my knees are basically shot. Is there anything I can do to strengthen them (Tendon damage along with scar tissue build up, have gone to physio for them before, basically just stretches to reduce pain and increase mobility... they're very weak though, when doing squats I have to be very careful to not compress too much, will not break 90 degrees, so often I stop at maybe 100 degrees or so)... I imagine flexibility is key here, but is there anything I can do to fix these things? I'm only 24 btw...
    Women... They smell nice but they are soul murderers. - William Murderface

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    Hey thanks for offering the help!

First of all, despite my name I am a man, so lets just get past that.

I've recently lost 24lbs (was at 25-28% body fat before, down to 3 abs popping through lol... almost there) and slapped on a ton of muscle mass in the last two months and the fitness journey continues but I need some advice... (I used to be an athlete, relationship made me fat and lazy and I'm getting back to where I was, so I think a lot of muscles are just coming out of remission or something haha)

Anyways, I am getting back into kickboxing shortly, but my knees are basically shot. Is there anything I can do to strengthen them (Tendon damage along with scar tissue build up, have gone to physio for them before, basically just stretches to reduce pain and increase mobility... they're very weak though, when doing squats I have to be very careful to not compress too much, will not break 90 degrees, so often I stop at maybe 100 degrees or so)... I imagine flexibility is key here, but is there anything I can do to fix these things? I'm only 24 btw...
    Hey Cosmo I will do my best to help you out..

Firstly our bodies have a thing called Muscle Memory.. If we were to build alot of muscle and then lose it all when we came back to exercising again the muscle would grow back alot faster than if we were trying to build it from scratch and this is what you're experiencing .

Now onto the knee problems. Joint damage can be very serious but luckily there are ways to strengthen them up, the stretching you've been told to do is a good way to strengthen the joints and increase the mobility and range of movement. Another good way is to ride a bike or go swimming as these 2 exercises are low impact meaning there is no stress placed on the joints while doing them unlike something such as running which is high impact because everytime you take a step the weight from your body is sent down through your legs and into your feet. Also one last thing would be make sure you're getting the right amount of vitamins and minerals as these play very important roles in keeping your body healthy.
    For a full list of the vitamins and minerals, which does what and where to find them check out this site: [url=http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/healthydiet/nutritionessentials/vitaminsandminerals/]Food Standards Agency - Eat well, be well - Vitamins and minerals[/url]

Hope this helped, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. Have a good day!

Thank you very very much Fene

Quote Originally Posted by Fene View Post
    ance running for an hour because it takes 20 minutes before your body starts to actually burn fat instead of carbohydrates when doing long distance. What you're doing with your sprinting is good interval training though. Sprint as hard and as fast as you can for like 6 - 10 seconds then slow it right down to a walk and have a breather then repeat it 5-6 times.
    I walk to work and walk back home every day... its normally about a 45 minute walk... If I sprinted a couple of times during my walk you think it would help me much much more? :o

So... I use to be a sprinter when I was back in High School, and as a result I got HUGE legs (the rest of my body is skinnier..). I went through college, exercising close to never.... so now that I have graduated, I take a look at my self, and jesus.... My ass and legs are massive. Is there any way I can reduce this? I know a good part of my legs consists of extra muscle, but my ass?? *note I am a guy, my ass just sticks out a lot... *

Additionally, is there any particular advice you can give to someone that would at the very least hope to get rid of my belly, or best case scenerio get a six pack?

I have given up eating fast food and soda altogether (which was hard... let me tell you ), and have began trying to eat healthier. I don't take the train to work, but instead walk every day back and forth to work (about a total of 90 minutes of walking). I try to get to the gym, but due to the vast amount of work I am always doing, I normally only guy on the weekend, but I try to exercise different muscles for about 3 sets of 10 reps.

I believe my stomache is beginning to flatten out, but its not quite there Is there anything you could suggest for me?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    fene sounds like a dude which already puts him at a loss... i'm not interesting in any type of men, egotistic or not.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    fene sounds like a dude which already puts him at a loss... i'm not interesting in any type of men, egotistic or not.

raverboy
    Eh? I have no idea what you're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by TheTooya View Post
    Thank you very very much Fene

I walk to work and walk back home every day... its normally about a 45 minute walk... If I sprinted a couple of times during my walk you think it would help me much much more? :o

So... I use to be a sprinter when I was back in High School, and as a result I got HUGE legs (the rest of my body is skinnier..). I went through college, exercising close to never.... so now that I have graduated, I take a look at my self, and jesus.... My ass and legs are massive. Is there any way I can reduce this? I know a good part of my legs consists of extra muscle, but my ass?? *note I am a guy, my ass just sticks out a lot... *

Additionally, is there any particular advice you can give to someone that would at the very least hope to get rid of my belly, or best case scenerio get a six pack?

I have given up eating fast food and soda altogether (which was hard... let me tell you ), and have began trying to eat healthier. I don't take the train to work, but instead walk every day back and forth to work (about a total of 90 minutes of walking). I try to get to the gym, but due to the vast amount of work I am always doing, I normally only guy on the weekend, but I try to exercise different muscles for about 3 sets of 10 reps.

I believe my stomache is beginning to flatten out, but its not quite there Is there anything you could suggest for me?
    It's good that you walk to work and back, most people would just drive there Don't forget that your ass is made up of muscle too, 3 to be exact: Gluteus Maximus, Medius & Minimus so lower body exercise would cause it to hypertrophy but about it sticking out alot that could just be genetic. Does anyone in your familar have a similar body type as you? People who tend to have big hips or bums etc are usually "blessed" with these things genetically and it can be very hard to alter them without surgery and the idea of spotting (trying to improve a certain body part) never works and its always better to take the full body approach.

For trying to reduce your body fat you can do the simple things of doing the interval training that I mentioned first thing in the morning, reducing saturated fats in your diet and possibly trying to get to the gym more often. Lean mass (muscle) requires alot more energy than fat so the more muscle you have the more calories your body is going to burn while doing absolutely nothing, that's where alot of women go wrong with their workouts as they don't involve any weights because they're afraid they're going to get big and muscular but it never works that way, instead they would actually burn fat quicker and get alot more toned.. Not implying you're a woman or anything, I just felt like mentioning that for any ladies that might be reading .

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    That's much appreciated. Our last fitness guru went off the deep end and ended up getting banned. Glad to have you.
    I'll try not to make the same mistakes then
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    I miss our last fitness guru, is the new fitness guru just as sexy as the last?
    Sounds like abit of competition.. How do I win?
    does that sum everything up??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    does that sum everything up??

raverboy
    Ah yes, silly me..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast