+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he love me?!

Does he love me?!

I need advice to determine if my boyfriend is in love with me..or falling in love,
    Okay so...when we are together he constantly cuddles, kisses, and calls me beautiful, stokes my face...very affectionate. He also said I'm the only person (other than his brother) he feels this comfortable around.
    When we do talk about love (it seems to come up a lot) we usually just joke about "I LOVE YOU AND WANT YOUR BABIES AND THEN I'LL DESTROY YOU!" that kinda thing, and complain how 14 year old kids tell each other they love each other with no meaning, all the time. We've said "I love you" to each other quite a lot, but its *always* in some kind of jokey way and the subject is quickly changed.
    He wrote a song for me which he played on his guitar, in which some of the lyrics are "I adore her...I adore her" but when I bought it he claims "Just because it rhymes!"
    I'm just so confused...I wonder if it's because neither of us knows how the other is feeling so we just skirt around the issue, or maybe he does love me but doesn't have the courage to say?! Does anyone have experience with a similar sort of situation???
    Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

How old are you two?
    Spammer Spanker

We're both 20

how am i supposed to know? if you his girlfriend..dont know, what chance does anyone over the internet have? i guess you will find out when/if he tells you

I figured someone might have had a similar experience of receiving mixed messages regarding "I love you", note I said I was hoping for "advice".

His brother? Does he cuddle with his brother, too?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

i can read, the determining factor is his personality, maybe he is normally shy so saying it even in a jokingly way is big enough, maybe he is an emo who talks that shit all the time, i dont know him, but you do, so really what kind of advice were you searching for from someone who doesnt know him from a bar of soap and all they get is a paragraph, that at first glance made me laugh, surely you are in a better position to judge

Okay, good point but I'm not asking anyone to analyse personalities here, as I said I wondered if anyone had been in such a similar awkward situation, it's good to know it made you laugh though, you must be easily amused.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe you should stop saying it. You might need to tell him that it bugs you when he claims to love you yet says it so sarcastically sometimes. Tell him if it's not true meaning attached to it you'd rather not hear it until he's ready to really say it and mean it.

Only you will be able to tell if you love him or if he loves or is falling in love with you.
    I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe