+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I beg my ex gf to come back to me? What should I do?

Should I beg my ex gf to come back to me? What should I do?

Me and my exgirlfriend were a loving couple for 2 and a half years. I'm 22 and she is 20. She was the love of my life, I never loved anyone as much as I loved her. We broke up 2 weeks ago because she said I was too controlling. Because she cheated on me (kissed another guy) over a year ago I didn't trust her very much so I kept always asking her where she is and who shes with when we're not together. The thing is I cheated on he too for a couple months, but she does not know about it.

In between those two weeks that we were broken up, we got in touch one day (3 days after break up) and hung out, everything was going great. We had sex and she told me that she still isn't over me and that she still loves me. Now a couple days later, I asked her if she would like to get back with me through a text message and she said no. I was shocked so I stopped by her work that same day and asked her to take me back and I can change. She told me that "maybe in the future when I see some change, but right now no." She told me that she hated how I always had to know where she was going...I kept asking her over and over to give me a chance and she didn't seem interested. I told her I can't get back with her in the future only now. All she said was "i guess we're done forever than."

When she had to leave from her lunch break, I gave her a letter prepared earlier telling her how amazing I felt the relationship was when we were together and apologizing for all the messed up things I've done to her. In the letter, I never begged for her to come back though. After work she text messaged me telling me that she liked the letter and had some feelings that she would like to express to me and that she would write it down in a letter, but now its been 3 days and she hasn't spoken to me at all. I'm devastated and cannot get over her. The thing is, she is already talking to some other guys and I'm scared once she does anything with them I can't be able to see her the same way again. I don't know if I should try contacting her soon because if i do it might push her closer to the other guy. I'm just so depressed and confused I don't know if I should text message or go see her and beg for her back? Buy her a gift maybe? What should I do?
    Last edited by mantofloater; 04-07-10 at 02:11 AM.

give this girl some space!! i know ur so upset right now because u think a lot of her but she broke up with u because u were too controlling so by contacting her loads and sending her letters and texts etc etc is only going to show her ur still like that!!

u need to back off. show her ur cool. PROVE to her that u have changed by being cool. she may go and chat to other men, but this extra bit of space is what she may need to realise just how much she is missing you.

distance makes the heart grow fonder. if she doesnt miss you, then there is no point persueing someone and make u feel bad about urself because shes not contacting u back.

wen a women has real feelings for a man, it drives them CRAZY when they know their man is off doing their own thing when they are normally around them all the time.

give it a go. good luck!

Begging will never get your ex to come back to you.. I learnt this a long time ago. Begging will only push them further away as they will think you're being needy / clingy and will get annoyed by it. Just give her the space that she wants and work on yourself. Try to overcome your controlling nature, and don't promise to her that you will change as anyone can promise to change but only the people with courage turn their words into actions. She needs to be able to see the change and then she will start to consider getting back with you but until then you know what you've got to do and if you're totally serious about getting back together you will do everything within your power to make sure that you do change otherwise you might aswell just give up now.
    One last thing.. Don't just try to change for her, it's your life and you only get one chance so the changes that you make, make sure that they're for yourself aswell and not just an attempt to win back your ex because if you do succeed you might allow yourself to slip back into your old self again once you get settled.

All the best.
    You never know what you've got, until it's gone...

Ahhh... This sounds familiar. I was the girl in your scenario a few months ago. I hate to break it to you, but she's gone. She's not thinking about you, and she probably says "oh my god, he's texting/calling me again??? what a loser!" aloud to her friends as she hits the ignore button on her cell phone. You have just become the annoying guy that allows her to brag about how desirable she is to everyone (including the guys that she is currently dating) when you continue to contact her. The more you contact her, the more you build up her ego. She is such an amazing catch that even her ex-boyfriend (you) who she has cheated on won't leave her alone. **** that.

My advice: Go **** someone else. It's amazing how cumming makes you forget about how much you love your ex-girlfriend. Apparently, it had helped you temporarily forget how she had cheated on you for those couple of months during your relationship with her. If you even consider buying her a gift, don't forget to grow a pair of balls and wrap those up for her as well.

YSC is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I would seriously take the advice above my comment. Forget her.

The girl I'm with now had a crazy ex like you. (no offense). When we were dating for the first couple months he would constantly call and text to see what's up and she would always say, wow it's him again. The next time he called I answered the phone and told him to back off and to stop calling. He apologized and he never contacted her again.

If you keep bothering her, it's only going to get worse. Who knows who she talks to now but just know you definitely don't have that reputation you had before. As immature as it sounds, I'm sure her and all her friends (girls and guys) are probably talking shit about you. Leave it be.

You ask as if you haven't been begging her already
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

You two aren't right for each other, anyways. Otherwise, you wouldn't be cheating on one another.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    You ask as if you haven't been begging her already
    This is the best post in the thread.

I grimaced four times at the original post. That's a record for me. Stop all contact with her - forever. You'll never get your self-respect back at this point.