+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this an awkward way of asking?

Is this an awkward way of asking?

Yeah I know I made a recent similar topic but I've made some decisions since then and just need some insight here (Some of this is a rehash of my previous topic)...

Ok I'll try and keep it short. I'm into this chick. We've seen each other like 3 times. Last week me and some friends + the girl and her friends went to the same club. It was the first time I talked to her (although we didn't talk much). We made out by the end of the night but things were cut real short as we all had to go quickly. I was a douche for not asking for her number then...

Anyways, I'll be able to see her again this week when we all hit the same club together again.

So I am going to ask for her number. I'm thinking I might just try and get her aside sometime the night and talk to her individually. Then chat for a bit and say something like "hey I gotta go find my other mates, give us your number and I'll talk to you later".

Do you guys think this is an alright approach (Remember I haven't talked to her that much)? I just don't want it to be an awkward situation or for her to feel awkward. I don't see what else I can do cause for most of the night she is going to be with a tonne of her friends and I'm not asking for her number in front of everyone else. Plus, I could try and get intimate with her again but I don't think thats the right approach since I might come off as someone who only wants sex..

Opinions please...thanks .

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You had your tongue down her throat. I can't imagine there is a BAD way of asking for her phone number at this point... she was probably disappointed you didn't ask her before now.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Actually, I think your way isn't the best. I don't like the offhand approach - it makes it seem like you might just store her number in case you need another make-out session. Sure, pull her aside and say something sincere.

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    Actually, I think your way isn't the best. I don't like the offhand approach - it makes it seem like you might just store her number in case you need another make-out session. Sure, pull her aside and say something sincere.
    Sorry what do you mean by offhand approach? I really don't know what else I could say... "hey give us your number and maybe we can do something sometime?"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    how about "i'd really like to take you out. Are you interested?" If she says yes, then get her number.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Exactly what Vashti said!

Best approach is to ask her out for lunch/dinner. That way, you have a reason to ask for her number (besides the obv)